Powersports / ATV / Utility / FourTrax Recon ES/Recon
2007 Honda FourTrax Recon ES/FourTrax Recon- Features & Benefits
The best-selling mid-size ATV is also one of the most stylish, thanks to its rugged, adventurous looks, and the Recon even offers the versatility of manual or electronic shifting.
New for 2007
- New Yellow color joins Red and Olive.
- ES model features Electric Shift Program (ESP®) for push-button upshifting and downshifting. The rider shifts simply and precisely with the press of the upshift or downshift button mounted on the left handlebar. An onboard electronic control module (ECM) monitors information from four sensors--engine rpm, countershaft speed, gear position and shift spindle angle--to control the speed of the electric shift motor's gear and clutch engagement. Gear-engagement speed varies according to rider style; the transmission shifts more quickly when riding style turns sporty. A neutral lockout at speeds greater than 2 mph ensures available engine braking when descending hills. To maintain smooth shifting, the transmission cannot be shifted from Neutral to First gear or Reverse gear at engine speeds above 3000 rpm. ESP is not battery-dependent, operating whenever the engine is running. Should the rider ever need to shift manually, the Recon® ES is also equipped with an auxiliary shift lever in the tool kit.
- Both the Recon ES and Recon feature the high-performance cylinder head from the TRX™250EX for increased performance.
- An oil cooler is standard equipment on both Recon ES and Recon models, ensuring optimal engine temperatures under difficult operating conditions.
- Both the Recon and Recon ES have uniquely designed floorboards, which allow the rider's feet to grip the footrests while keeping mud and debris away from the rider's feet.
- The Recon ES features a gear indicator along with Neutral and Reverse lights.
- Lightweight, OHV air-cooled 229cc engine is longitudinally mounted to allow direct driveshaft alignment to rear wheels for fewer frictional losses.
- 22mm carburetor with light throttle control offers good engine response and excellent fuel economy.
- Overhead-valve design offers a wide, easy-to-use powerband and compact engine dimensions.
- Closed crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
- Rubber-cushion engine mounting reduces vibration.
- USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler is constructed of stainless steel.
- Automatic cam-chain tensioner reduces maintenance.
- Convenient electric starter with auxiliary recoil starter.
- Wet sump with 1.6-quart capacity.
- CD ignition system with electronic advance features an rpm limiter for added durability.
- Five-speed transmission with Reverse and automatic clutch on the Recon.
- Front and rear suspension has been upgraded for more comfortable all-day riding.
- Lightweight double-cradle steel chassis.
- Maintenance-free shaft drive routes power directly from the longitudinally mounted engine without inefficient directional changes.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension gives 5.1 inches of travel.
- Steel swingarm and single rear shock absorber give 4.9 inches of travel.
- Dual sealed front hydraulic drum brakes and sealed mechanical rear drum.
- Tires feature aggressive tread patterns for excellent traction.
- SUV styling for a rugged, adventurous look.
- Meets 2006 EPA and CARB emissions levels.
- Ergonomically designed seating and control layouts provide a comfortable operating position for a wide range of rider sizes.
- Large cargo racks front and rear allow payloads of 33 and 66 pounds, respectively.
- Large, lightweight plastic fuel tank with 2.4-gallon capacity.
- Snorkel-type air-intake system is specially designed for water crossings.
- Dual-headlight system with 25w lights.
- LED tail- and brakelight.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Powerful 110w AC generator.
- Reusable foam air filter.
- Neutral and Reverse lights on standard-shift model (TRX250TM).
- Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use controls.
- Keyed ignition switch for added security.
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Standard tool kit includes a tire-pressure gauge.
- GVWR is 816 pounds for TRX250TE / 807 pounds for TRX250TM.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable six-month limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include online access to the Honda Common Service Manual, six issues of the bimonthly Honda Red Rider™ magazine, travel discounts, trip routing, MSF reimbursement, plus access to the HRCA Web site (www.hrca.honda.com). Look for the HRCA support team at select off-road events across the country. For details on the HRCA, dealers should call (310) 783-3958, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time.
- Flag Kit.
- Trailer Hitch.