Powersports / ATV / Utility / FourTrax Recon ES/Recon
2008 Honda FourTrax Recon ES/FourTrax Recon Features
This rugged mid-size ATV continues to be a best seller thanks to its stylish appearance and get-it-done credentials. The Recon is available as a manual or with push-button electric shift.
Features & Benefits
New for 2008
- New Blue color joins Red and Olive.
- ES model features Electric Shift Program (ESP™) for push-button upshifting and downshifting (see Technology Section).
- Both the Recon ES and Recon feature the high-performance cylinder head from the TRX250EX for increased performance.
- An oil cooler is standard equipment on both Recon ES and Recon models, ensuring optimal engine temperatures under difficult operating conditions.
- Both the Recon and Recon ES have uniquely designed floorboards, which allow the rider's feet to grip the footrests while helping to keep mud and debris away from the rider's feet.
- The Recon ES features a gear indicator in addition to the Neutral and Reverse lights provided on the Recon.
- Lightweight, OHV air-cooled 229cc engine is longitudinally mounted to allow direct driveshaft alignment to rear wheels for fewer frictional losses (see Technology Section).
- 22mm carburetor with light throttle control offers good engine response and excellent fuel economy.
- Overhead-valve design offers a wide, easy-to-use powerband and compact engine dimensions.
- Closed crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
- Rubber-cushion engine mounting reduces vibration.
- USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler is constructed of stainless steel.
- Automatic cam-chain tensioner reduces maintenance.
- Convenient electric starter with auxiliary recoil starter.
- Wet sump with 1.6-quart capacity.
- CD ignition system with electronic advance features an rpm limiter for added durability.
- Five-speed transmission with Reverse and automatic clutch on the Recon.
- Plush front and rear suspension for comfortable all-day riding.
- Lightweight double-cradle steel chassis.
- Maintenance-free shaft drive routes power directly from the longitudinally mounted engine without inefficient directional changes.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension gives 5.1 inches of travel.
- Steel swingarm and single rear shock absorber give 4.9 inches of travel.
- Dual sealed front hydraulic drum brakes and sealed mechanical rear drum.
- Tires feature aggressive tread patterns for excellent traction.
- SUV styling for a rugged, adventurous look.
- Meets current EPA and CARB emissions levels.
- Ergonomically designed seating and control layouts provide a comfortable operating position for a wide range of rider sizes.
- Large cargo racks front and rear allow payloads of 33 and 66 pounds, respectively.
- Large, lightweight plastic fuel tank with 2.6 gallon-capacity.
- Snorkel-type air-intake system is specially designed for water crossings.
- Dual-headlight system with 25-watt lights.
- LED taillight and brakelight.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Powerful 110-watt AC generator.
- Washable foam air filter for easy maintenance and consistent performance.
- Neutral and Reverse lights on standard-shift model (TRX250TM).
- Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use controls.
- Keyed ignition switch for added security.
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Standard tool kit includes a tire-pressure gauge.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda USA-certified unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America® (HRCA®). Visit www.hrca.honda.com for details.
- Flag Kit.
- Trailer Hitch.