Powersports / ATV / Utility / FourTrax Recon ES/Recon
2012 FourTrax Recon/FourTrax Recon ES Features and Benefits
Since the inception of this classy mid-sized ATV, thousands upon thousands of riders have made the Honda FourTrax® Recon® a best seller, and that's just the way it should be. A remarkably torquey 229cc OHV engine pumps out delightful levels of performance, while its middleweight size enhances its agile handling traits. With the option of a manual gearbox or Honda's push-button Electric Shift Program (ESP®) the FourTrax Recon continues to deliver just-right performance that gets the job done seven days a week.
New for 2012
- New Black front skid plate on Olive and Red models.
- New Black wheels on Olive models.
- ES model features Electric Shift Program (ESP) for push-button upshifting and downshifting.
- Both the Recon ES and Recon feature the high-performance cylinder head from the TRX250X for increased performance.
- Electric starter with standard auxillary recoil starter.
- Both the Recon and Recon ES have uniquely designed floorboards, which allow the rider's feet to grip the footrests while helping keep away mud and debris.
- The Recon ES features a gear indicator in addition to the Neutral and Reverse lights provided on the Recon.
- LED taillight and brakelight.
- Ergonomically designed seating and control layouts provide a comfortable operating position for a wide range of rider sizes.
- Large cargo racks front and rear allow payloads of 33 and 66 pounds, respectively.
- 500 pound towing capacity.
- Dual-headlight system with 25-watt lights.
- Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use controls.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Lightweight OHV air-cooled 229cc engine is longitudinally mounted to allow direct driveshaft alignment to rear wheels for reduced frictional losses.
- Overhead-valve design offers a wide, easy-to-use powerband and compact engine dimensions.
- USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler is constructed of stainless steel.
- CD ignition system with electronic advance features an rpm limiter for added durability.
- Five-speed transmission with Reverse and automatic clutch on the Recon.
- Powerful 123-watt AC generator.
- Plush front and rear suspension for comfortable all-day riding.
- Strong, lightweight double-cradle steel chassis.
- Maintenance-free shaft drive routes power directly from the longitudinally mounted engine without inefficient directional changes.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension gives 5.1 inches of travel.
- Steel swingarm and gas-charged rear shock absorber give 4.9 inches of travel.
- Dual sealed front hydraulic drum brakes and sealed mechanical rear drum.
Honda Genuine Accessories*
- Flag Kit, Trailer Hitch
*WARRANTY: Because we're so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Genuine accessories, we're pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.