Honda Automobiles / Accord
Honda at the 2012 North American International Auto Show: Fact Sheet
Honda Accord Coupe Concept
Honda unveiled the dynamic Accord Coupe Concept at the 2012 North American International Auto Show, providing the first official glimpse at the styling direction, as well as a host of new technologies for the all-new, ninth-generation 2013 model Accord set to go on-sale this fall.
2013 Accord Highlights include:
Styling and packaging:
- New athletic styling for the Coupe and Sedan.
- More efficient packaging - Accord Sedan retains its spacious interior with more compact exterior dimensions.
- Shortened length and significant weight reduction for improved driving dynamics.
Advanced and Efficient Powertrains:
- First U.S. application of Earth Dreams™ 2.4-liter, 16-valve DOHC i-VTEC® four-cylinder direct-injected (DI) engine, paired with a new Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT).
- New engine produces more than 181 horsepower and 177 lb-ft of torque (current Accord LX four-cylinder engine produces 177 horsepower and 161 lb-ft of torque).
- CVT with new cooperative control system for excellent acceleration and responsive shifting.
- Targeted top-in-class combined fuel economy1 for a midsize four-cylinder sedan.
- New 3.5-liter, 24-valve, SOHC, i-VTEC V-6 engine, paired with 6-speed automatic transmission or an available 6-speed manual transmission.
- Variable Cylinder Management™ (VCM™) applied to models with automatic transmission.
- Increased horsepower and torque compared to current model.
- Targeted top-in-class highway fuel economy1 for a midsize V-6 sedan.
- First U.S. application of Honda plug-in hybrid system.
- Accord Plug-In Hybrid Sedan launching next Winter.
- Three different driving modes: all-electric, hybrid and direct-drive engine.
- All-electric driving range of approximately 10-15 miles in city driving scenarios with a top speed of 62 mph.
- Recharging lithium-ion battery takes less than 1.5 hours using 240-volt charger.
- Application of Honda ECO Assist™ system to all Accord models.
Safety and Technological Innovations:
- Targeted to earn top scores in New Car Assessment Program (NCAP) and Insurance Institute for Highway Safety2 (IIHS) vehicle evaluations.
- First Honda application of Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Forward Collision Warning (FCW).
- First Honda application of exclusive blind-spot display called LaneWatch™, which enhances visibility of the passenger-side roadway.
- Standard rearview back-up camera and Expanded View Driver's Mirror.
- New technologies standard on all Accord models: Bluetooth®3 HandsFreeLink® phone interface, Multi-Information Display (i-MID), SMS text messaging function and Pandora® Internet Radio interface4.
For more information, photos and video, please visit www.hondanews.com.
1Preliminary EPA mileage estimates determined by Honda. Final EPA mileage estimates not available at the time of printing. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.
2 The 2012 Honda Accord was named a 2012 TOP SAFETY PICK by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). According to the IIHS, the award "recognizes vehicles that do the best job of protecting people in front, side, rear, and now for 2010 rollover crashes."
4 The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and any use of such marks by Honda Motor Co., Ltd., is under license.
5 Compatible with select Apple® iPhone® devices only. Your wireless carrier's rate plans apply.