Honda Automobiles / Fit EV / Releases
Honda at the Los Angeles Auto Show: Fact Sheet
Honda Fit EV
Honda unveiled the all-new 2013 Fit EV at the Los Angeles Auto Show, announcing plans to begin leasing the battery electric commuter vehicle to its U.S. customers in the summer of 2012. The Fit EV is based on the popular Fit hatchback and is designed to meet the driving needs of an average urban commuter. American Honda will begin leasing the Fit EV to customers in select California and Oregon markets next summer, and will expand to six East Coast markets in early 2013.
When the Fit EV is introduced, it will feature:
- Fit EV Manufactured Suggested Retail Price1 (MSRP) of $36,625. Lease estimated at $399 per month.
- Same 5-passenger packaging found in the popular Fit hatchback.
- The Fit EV will offer an estimated driving range of 123-miles on a single charge using the US EPA city cycle test methods (Honda anticipates a combined city/highway EV range of 76 miles on the new Fuel Economy labels).2
- 20 kWh Toshiba-produced lithium-ion battery located under the floor. Max battery output 100 kW.
- 92 kW high-density coaxial electric motor derived from the FCX Clarity.
- 3-mode E-Drive system with Econ, Normal and Sport modes to maximize efficiency or improve acceleration.
- 6.6 kW onboard 32 amp charger.
- Battery fully recharged in as little as 3 hours when connected to a 240-volt circuit.
- Standard connectivity system provides driver connectivity to the Fit EV from smartphone and personal computer or interactive remote.
- Interactive remote allows driver to monitor state of charge, cabin temperature, initiate and terminate charging and remotely turn on the air conditioning. Driver must be within 100 feet to use interactive remote.
- Mobile application and website allows the driver to: monitor state of charge, initiate and terminate charging, set charge timer, turn on air conditioner or heater, activate road side assistance, search for charging stations and plan routes.
- Standard Honda Satellite Linked Navigation System™ with charging station locator capability, continuously updated traffic information and driving range meter display.
- At launch timing, Honda will have a preferred Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) charging supplier for customer purchase.
- Exclusive exterior color, Reflective Blue Pearl.
- Bio-fabric seating surfaces.
Honda Electric Vehicle Demonstration Program
Honda will launch an Electric Vehicle Demonstration Program to provide real-world testing of its new vehicles. Participants include: Stanford University, the City of Torrance, Calif. and Google, Inc.
In addition to real-world testing, the three participants will focus on the following issues:
- Stanford University: behavioral and usability research surrounding the adoption of electric vehicles by deploying and comparing small fleet of both conventional and electric vehicle. Finding will consider the respective needs for future electric mobility.
- City of Torrance: charging infrastructure development, public education and awareness about electric vehicles as well as promoting sustainable community initiatives. Honda and City of Torrance will investigate the local government fleet usage and acceptance for electrified fleet. City of Torrance will also receive a plug-in hybrid.
- Google, Inc: collaboration through GFleet, Google’s all-electric employee car-sharing service. The partnership will involve analysis of vehicle usage including CO2 reduction, energy consumption on a miles/kWh basis and overall energy cost.
1 MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, destination charge and options. Dealer prices may vary.
2 123 city/95 highway mile range (unadjusted); 76 combined mile range (adjusted). Preliminary estimates determined by Honda using EPA methods. Your range will vary. For additional information about EPA test methods, visit http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/label/learn-more-electric-label.shtml
For more information, photos and video, please visit www.hondanews.com