Honda Marine / BF25/BF30
Honda BF30 and BF25: Superior Performance in a Compact Package
The Honda Marine BF30 and BF25 combine Honda's world-renowned reliability with responsive performance in a lightweight, compact package. Their extraordinarily smooth, stable, and quiet operation affords boaters maximum time on the water – whether trolling in the shallows or motoring across the open water.
Both models incorporate a number of innovative features including: Auto Start Enrichment System; a Center Mount Tiller; PGM Ignition System; an exclusive Non-Linear Mounting System; a 3-to-3 Induction System; Honda's patented 4-Front Corrosion Protection; Engine Alert System; and gas assist tilt for running in shallow water. Weighing just 159 lbs (72.5 kg), the BF30 is the lightest engine in its class.
Compact Engines; World-Class Features
- Microprocessor-controlled Auto-Start Enrichment System allows both engines to be started with the simple turn of a key while automatically adjusting the air/fuel mixture for quick, easy starts;
- Throttle friction control, power tilt/trim control and engine alert indicators are located at the operator's fingertips for quick, comfortable adjustment at a glance. And a generous -4 to +12-degree trim angle provides maximum performance and handling;
- PGM Ignition employs microprocessor technology to accurately control ignition timing during start-up and across the entire rpm range, providing optimum overall operation;
- The patented Non-Linear Mounting system incorporates rubber mounts for reduced vibration and smoother operation at all engine speeds;
- Lightweight, compact 3-cylinder engines utilize a 3-to-3 Induction System employing one carburetor per cylinder for instant throttle response and increased fuel efficiency. The design is more responsive than throttle bodies with long intake runners;
- Honda's patented 4-Front Corrosion Protection System is a double-sealed multi-layer paint process that fights off corrosion from harsh marine environments. The base is a Honda aluminum alloy followed by a double-sealed treatment, an epoxy primer undercoat, and an acrylic resin metallic coating topped off with a clear overcoat of acrylic;
- An innovative Engine Alert System uses audio, visual, and rpm reduction cues to alert the operator of issues;
- The Gas Assist Tilt function makes it easy to tilt the engine for running in shallow water, or to raise it completely out of the water for protection.
The BF30 is available with a 20-inch shaft, while the BF25 comes in both 20- and 15-inch shaft lengths. All new Honda outboard engines sold for recreational use between May 1, 2007, and March 31, 2008, offer an industry-best True 5-year non-declining limited factory warranty that is the same on the last day as it is on the first.
Honda Marine pioneered 4-stroke engine technology, setting a new benchmark for fuel efficiency, quiet operation, and low emissions. Honda's outboards share the same unparalleled durability, quality, and reliability of its legendary automobiles. With models ranging from 2 to 225 horsepower, Honda Marine's full line of current production models meets rigorous California Air Resources Board (CARB) 3-Star standards, ensuring their availability and regulatory compliance in all 50 states.