Powersports / ATV / Utility / FourTrax Rancher 4x4 ES/4x4 / Features
2009 FourTrax Rancher 4x4 /FourTrax Rancher 4x4 with Electric Power Steering - Features & Benefits
For 2009, the manual-shift Rancher 4x4 is now also available with Honda's Electric Power Steering (EPS), adding to an impressive list of features including selectable 4WD/2WD TraxLok®, torque-sensitive front differential and fuel injection.
New for 2009
- Revolutionary Electric Power Steering (EPS)
- FM model now features has multifunction LCD digital instrumentation that is compact, tough and waterproof, featuring large readouts for gear position, speedometer, odometer, resettable tripmeter and hourmeter. Instrument housing includes indicator lights for Reverse, Neutral, oil-temperature, fuel-injection and 4WD.
- New White color joins Red, Olive and Natural Gear™ Camouflage.
- Rugged OHV liquid-cooled, fuel-injected 420cc longitudinally mounted engine allows direct driveshaft alignment to both front and rear wheels for maximum drivetrain efficiency (see Technology Section).
- Large radiator with cooling fan ensures optimal engine cooling under difficult operating conditions.
- Closed-crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
- Specially designed floorboards on all Ranchers allow the rider's feet to grip the footrests while helping keep mud and debris away.
- Powerful 420cc longitudinally mounted engine eliminates 90-degree power transfers and boasts exceptional horsepower and torque.
- Overhead-valve design provides compact engine dimensions for improved ground clearance while maintaining a broad, easy-to-use powerband.
- Keihin fuel-injection system provides crisp performance and ensures trouble-free operation in cold conditions and changing altitudes.
- Rubber-cushion engine mounting and gear-driven counterbalancer reduce vibration.
- Super-heavy-duty automatic clutch with a low rpm engagement point for excellent driveability and towing capability.
- Five-speed transmission with Reverse, includes an ultra-low First gear.
- TraxLok 4WD/2WD selector lever allows 4WD when needed for the tough stuff and 2WD when conditions permit (see Technology Section).
- Convenient electric starting, with optional recoil starter and an automatic internal-decompression system.
- Washable foam air filter for easy maintenance and consistent performance.
- Stainless-steel exhaust header and muffler for superior corrosion resistance.
- Full transistor ignition with electronic advance for excellent performance and reliability.
- Powerful 343-watt AC generator.
- Large 7.2-liter airbox with reusable foam air filter provides more air to the engine for increased performance.
- Rugged frame and suspension provide an exceptional 6.5 inches of ground clearance.
- Steering-mechanism design features light effort and a tight turning radius of 10.5 feet.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension uses premium shock absorbers to provide 6.3 inches of suspension travel for a plush, comfortable ride.
- Steel swingarm and gas-charged rear shock absorber provide 6.3 inches of suspension travel for superb comfort and compliance.
- Tough, large-diameter 24x8-12 front and wide 24x10-11 rear tires provide excellent ground clearance while maintaining precise handling.
- Dual front hydraulic disc brakes and sealed mechanical rear drum brake for strong stops.
- Optional waterproof accessory socket provides 12-volt, 10-amp power with a built-in temperature-type fuse.
- Large cargo racks front and rear carry payloads of 66 and 133 pounds, respectively.
- Heavy-duty trailer hitch with 850-pound towing capacity.
- Large, lightweight plastic fuel tank with 3.6-gallon capacity.
- Fuel gauge is standard equipment.
- Snorkel-type air-intake system is specially designed to resist water.
- Unique rear-opening storage compartment allows access when rack is loaded.
- Thickly padded seat provides all-day comfort.
- Large fenders give excellent mud protection.
- Twin-headlight system with 30-watt bulbs features multireflector lenses for optimal light distribution.
- Combination LED stoplight and taillight.
- USDA-qualified, three-chamber spark arrester/muffler designed for quiet operation without wool packing for long-lasting performance.
- Constant-velocity-joint boot guards help prevent damage to boot covers.
- Tough 12-amp-hour maintenance-free battery.
- Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use controls.
- Keyed ignition switch for added security.
- Full-length synthetic lower skidplate with integrated front brush guard.
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Handlebar switches, controls and warning labels use easy-to-understand graphic labels.
- Standard equipment includes a tire-pressure gauge.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- When you buy a new Honda Powersports Product, you may be eligible to receive a complimentary one-year membership in the Honda Riders Club of America, which includes an exclusive Members-only magazine, rider training benefits, access to the Members-only Clubhouse website and much more. Some limitations apply. For more information on the HRCA, log on to hrca.honda.com.
Honda Genuine Accessories
- Flag Kit.
- Recoil Starter.
- 12-Volt Accessory Socket.