Powersports / ATV / Utility / FourTrax Rancher 4x4 ES/4x4 / Features
2012 FourTrax Rancher 4x4 ES/ FourTrax Rancher 4x4 ES with Electric Power Steering Features & Benefits
The FourTrax® Rancher® 4x4 ES comes factory-ready with loads of features that make this remarkable ATV a real winner. Honda's highly regarded Electric Shift Program (ESP®) makes gear shifts as easy as touching a button and there's also selectable 4WD/2WD TraxLok®, a torque-sensitive front differential, fuel injection and more. Opt for the addition of Honda's easy-steering Electric Power Steering (EPS) and you've got yourself one capable partner for work or play—or both.
New for 2012
- New Black wheels on Olive models.
- Multifunction LCD digital instrumentation is compact, tough and waterproof, featuring large readouts for gear position, speedometer, odometer, resettable tripmeter and hour meter. Instrument housing includes indicator lights for Reverse, Neutral, oil temperature, fuel injection and 4WD.
- Large cargo racks front and rear carry payloads of 66 and 133 pounds, respectively.
- Rack design allows easy lashing of cargo.
- Heavy-duty trailer hitch with 850-pound towing capacity.
- Unique rear-opening storage compartment allows access when rack is loaded.
- Twin-headlight system with 30-watt bulbs features multi-reflector lenses for optimal light distribution.
- High visibility, long-life LED brakelight and taillight.
- Optional waterproof accessory socket provides 12-volt, 10-amp power with a built-in temperature-type fuse.
- Specially designed floorboards allow the rider's feet to grip the footrests while helping to keep away mud and debris.
- Full-length synthetic lower skidplate with integrated front brush guard.
- Stainless-steel exhaust system includes a USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler designed for quiet operation without servicing for long-lasting performance.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Rugged OHV liquid-cooled, fuel-injected 420cc longitudinally mounted engine allows direct driveshaft alignment to both front and rear wheels for maximum drivetrain efficiency.
- Overhead-valve design provides compact engine dimensions for excellent ground clearance while maintaining a broad, easy-to-use powerband.
- Super-heavy-duty automatic clutch with a low rpm engagement point for excellent driveability and towing capability.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) system provides crisp performance, excellent economy and trouble-free operation in cold conditions and varying altitudes.
- Five-speed transmission with Reverse includes an ultra-low First gear. The Rancher 4x4 ES model incorporates Honda's exclusive ESP for easy shifts with the touch of a handlebar-mounted button.
- TraxLok 4WD/2WD selector lever allows 4WD when needed for the tough stuff and 2WD when conditions permit.
- Large 7.2-liter airbox with washable, reusable foam air filter provides more air to the engine for increased performance.
- Powerful 359-watt AC generator.
- Revolutionary Electric Power Steering (EPS)—EPS model only.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension uses premium shock absorbers to provide 6.3 inches of suspension travel for a plush, comfortable ride.
- Steel swingarm and gas-charged rear shock absorber provide 6.3 inches of suspension travel for superb comfort and compliance.
- Pre-load-adjustable front and rear suspension allows for custom settings.
- Dual front hydraulic disc brakes and sealed mechanical rear drum brake for strong stops.
Honda Genuine Accessories*
- Flag Kit, Recoil Starter, 12-Volt Accessory Socket