Powersports / ATV / Utility / FourTrax Rancher 4x4 ES/4x4 / Features
2014 Honda FourTrax Rancher 4x4/FourTrax Rancher 4x4 with Electric Power Steering Features
The FourTrax® Rancher® 4x4 adds the extra capabilities of 4WD to its brawny liquid-cooled fuel-injected 420cc powerplant. This manual-shift model boasts an impressive list of features, including selectable 2WD/4WD TraxLok® with a torque-sensitive front differential. For 2014 there's an all-new chassis for improved handling and a smoother ride, new suspension front and rear with increased travel and adjustable spring preload, plus a new enclosed-axle swingarm with optimized stiffness for maximum durability and excellent handling performance. Also, the FourTrax Rancher 4x4 is available with the ease and convenience of Honda's new-generation Electric Power Steering (EPS) that delivers lighter steering effort especially at lower speeds, improved steering damping characteristics and more linear steering traits for even more maneuverable handling.
- All-new double-cradle steel frame developed with Computer Aided Engineering features increased stiffness (up 20 percent) for even more precise handling and a smoother ride.
- New front and rear suspension systems feature an increase in travel to 6.7 inches for a plush and controlled ride.
- Honda TraxLok 2WD/4WD system offers two drive modes: 2WD and 4WD with TraxLok torque-sensing front differential.
- Optional Electric Power Steering (EPS) system is a next-generation setup that incorporates new ECU mapping for improved linearity in steering response, reduced low-speed steering effort for enhanced maneuverability and decreased kickback traits for improved all-around steering action.
- Heavy-duty trailer hitch with 848-pound towing capacity.
- Redesigned twin-headlight system now features 35-watt headlights with a more focused light distribution pattern for improved visibility after dark.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina, using domestically and globally sourced parts.
- Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Rugged OHV liquid-cooled, fuel-injected 420cc longitudinally mounted engine allows direct driveshaft alignment to both front and rear wheels for maximum drivetrain efficiency.
- Overhead-valve design provides compact engine dimensions for excellent ground clearance while maintaining a broad, easy-to-use powerband.
- Super-heavy-duty automatic clutch with a low-rpm engagement point for excellent driveability and towing capability.
- New mapping for the Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) system improves power delivery and throttle response, and increases fuel economy for greater range.
- Five-speed transmission with Reverse includes an ultra-low First gear.
- Handy TraxLok 2WD/4WD selector lever, mounted on the left-front panel, allows 4WD when needed for especially tough terrain and 2WD when conditions permit.
- Stainless-steel exhaust system includes a USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler designed for quiet operation without servicing for long-lasting performance.
- Adjustable spring preload now featured on all shocks to allow suspension tuning to match varying loads and riding conditions.
- New enclosed-axle type swingarm with optimized stiffness for improved toughness and durability, and excellent handling performance.
- New rubber swingarm pivot bushings yield increased low-speed ride comfort and increased durability.
- Rear brake is now located inside the right rear wheel for improved durability and increased ground clearance.
- The new Rancher offers a tighter turning radius of 9.2 feet.
- All-new one-piece tank/side cover allows easy access (no tools required) for maintenance.
- New, aggressively styled bodywork also provides better mud protection.
- Revolutionary Electric Power Steering (EPS)—EPS model only.
- New three-point mounting setup for the EPS system makes the entire steering mechanism more rigid for even more precise steering.
- Increased AC generator output of 416 watts to allow powering more electrical accessories.
- New Honda Phantom Camo blends into a wide range of field environments, and new Honda application procedures provide better graphic durability and improved resistance to fuel spillage.
- New meter display with added functions like a Maintenance Minder system that notifies when it is time for service.
- New fuel pump is derived from Honda automobile technology. It mounts in the fuel tank for better heat isolation and offers increased filter life.
- New plastic CV joint boots are more durable and tear-resistant.
- New sealed steering knuckle bearings for extended durability.
- Newly optimized rider triangle for added comfort.
- A 20mm (0.8 inch) increase in seat foam thickness and softer seat foam increase rider comfort.
- Dual front hydraulic disc brakes and sealed mechanical rear drum brake for strong stopping power.
- Full-length synthetic lower skidplate with integrated front brush guard.
- Front carrier capacity is 66 pounds and rear is 133 pounds.
Honda Genuine Accessories†
Windscreen, Soft Rack Bag (front), Soft Rack Bag (rear), Fender Bag, Outdoor Storage Cover, Heated Grips, Plow Blade, Plow Push Tube, Plow Mount Kit, Winch Kit, Winch Mount Kit, Recoil Starter, 12V Power Outlet, Front A-Arm Guards, Aluminum Frame Skidplate, Side Pocket Net, Accessory Sub Harness
† WARRANTY: Because we're so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Genuine accessories, we're pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.