Powersports / ATV / Utility / FourTrax Rancher 4x4 ES/4x4
2006 Honda FourTrax Rancher 4x4 ES/FourTrax Rancher 4x4 Features
It's the full-size ATV that offers all you need-and more: full-time four-wheel-drive, torque-sensitive front differential, plus the option of Honda's Electric Shift Program.
Features & Benefits
- ES model features Electric Shift Program (ESP®) for push-button upshifting and downshifting. The rider shifts simply and precisely with the press of the upshift or downshift button mounted on the left handlebar. An onboard electronic control module (ECM) monitors information from four sensors-engine rpm, countershaft speed, gear position and shift spindle angle-to control the speed of the electric shift motor's gear and clutch engagement. Gear engagement speed varies according to rider style: The transmission shifts more quickly when riding style turns sporty. A neutral lockout at speeds greater than 2 mph ensures available engine braking when descending hills. To maintain smooth shifting, the transmission cannot be shifted from Neutral to First gear or Reverse gear at engine speeds above 3000 rpm. ESP is not battery-dependent, operating whenever the engine is running. Should the rider ever need to shift manually, the Rancher™ ES is also equipped with an auxiliary shift lever in the tool kit.
- Unique Honda-designed floorboards on all Ranchers allow the rider's feet to grip the footrests while keeping mud and debris away.
- Torque-sensitive front differential reduces torque steer for less steering effort.
- Powerful, rugged OHV air-cooled 329cc longitudinally mounted engine allows direct driveshaft alignment to both front and rear wheels for improved drivetrain efficiency.
- Unique dry-sump oiling system places the oil tank inside the engine cases, lowering engine height and allowing optimum engine placement for excellent ground clearance and superb handling.
- Standard oil cooler with cooling fan ensures optimal engine lubrication under difficult operating conditions
- Closed crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
- Overhead-valve design provides compact engine dimensions for improved ground clearance while maintaining a broad, easy-to-use power band.
- Integral electric carburetor heater system improves driveability and ensures smooth operation in cold conditions.
- Rubber-cushion engine mounting and gear-driven counterbalancer reduce vibration.
- Super-heavy-duty automatic clutch with a low engagement point for excellent driveability and towing capability.
- Five-speed transmission with Reverse includes an ultra-low First gear.
- Full-time four-wheel drive with torque-sensitive front differential for reduced steering effort.
- Convenient electric starter, with auxiliary recoil starter and an automatic internal decompression system.
- Stainless steel exhaust header and muffler for superior corrosion resistance.
- CD ignition with electronic advance for excellent performance and reliability.
- Powerful 245W AC generator.
- Reusable foam air filter.
- Rugged frame and suspension provide an exceptional 7.2 inches of ground clearance.
- Steering mechanism design features light effort and a tight turning radius of 10.8 feet.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension uses premium shock absorbers to provide 5.9 inches of suspension travel for a plush, comfortable ride.
- Steel swingarm and single rear shock absorber provide 5.9 inches of suspension travel for superb comfort and compliance.
- Tough, large-diameter 24 x 8-12 front, 24 x 9-11 rear tires provide excellent ground clearance while maintaining precise handling.
- Triple-sealed front hydraulic drum brakes and sealed mechanical rear drum.
- Engine design produces low emissions and meets California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
- ES model has multi-function LCD digital instrumentation that is compact, tough and waterproof, featuring large readouts for gear position, speedometer, odometer, resettable tripmeter and hourmeter/clock. Instrument housing includes LED lights for Reverse, Neutral and oil temperature warning indicators.
- Waterproof accessory socket provides 12-volt, 10-amp power with a built-in temperature-type fuse.
- SUV styling for a rugged, adventurous look.
- Large cargo racks front and rear carry payloads of 66 and 133 pounds, respectively.
- Heavy-duty trailer hitch with towing capacity of 850 pounds.
- Large, lightweight plastic fuel tank with 3.4-gallon capacity.
- Fuel gauge is standard equipment.
- Snorkel-type air intake system is specially designed for water crossings.
- Integrated storage compartment on left side of tank cover.
- Unique rear-opening storage compartment allows access when rack is loaded.
- Thickly padded seat provides all-day comfort.
- Standard over-fenders give excellent mud protection.
- Twin-headlight system with 30W bulbs features multi-reflector lenses for optimal light distribution.
- Combination stop- and taillight.
- USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler.
- Constant-velocity-joint boot guards help prevent damage to boot covers.
- Tough 12-amp-hour maintenance-free battery.
- Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use controls.
- Keyed ignition switch for added security.
- Triple skidplates.
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Top-mounted choke lever for simple operation.
- Handlebar switches, controls and warning labels use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols.
- Standard tool kit includes a tire-pressure gauge.
- GVWR is 1045 pounds (TRX350FE) / 1034 pounds (TRX350FM).
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable six-month limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Ownership includes one-year complimentary membership for an individual in the Honda Rider's Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include: discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance for ATV transport vehicle while ATV is being transported, one year of Honda Red Rider ATV™ magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse Web site (www.hrca.honda.com) and access online to Honda Common Service Manual. For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA.
- Flag Kit.