Powersports / ATV / Utility / FourTrax Rancher 4x4 ES/4x4
2007 Honda FourTrax Rancher 4x4 ES/FourTrax Rancher 4x4 Features
With a 420cc engine featuring fuel injection and legendary Honda reliability, the new-from-the-ground-up TRX420FE and TRX420FM raise the bar for mid-sized utility ATVs.
Features & Benefits
New for 2007
- New, 420cc liquid-cooled engine for increased power.
- New fuel-injection system for consistent performance at high-altitude, improved cold-weather starting and increased power.
- New dual front disc brakes for improved braking performance in all conditions.
- New NaturalGear™ Camouflage color scheme with black wheels.
- New body style incorporates flowing fenders with integrated headlights and LED taillight for a rugged adventurous look.
- Traxlok® 4WD/2WD selector lever allows easy selection of 4WD or 2WD.
- Brand-new, rugged OHV liquid-cooled, fuel-injected 420cc longitudinally mounted engine allows direct driveshaft alignment to both front and rear wheels for maximum drivetrain efficiency.
- Large radiator with cooling fan ensures optimal engine cooling under difficult operating conditions.
- Closed crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
- ES model features Electric Shift Program (ESP™) for push-button upshifting and downshifting. The rider shifts simply and precisely with the press of the upshift or downshift button mounted on the left handlebar. An onboard electronic control module (ECM) monitors information from four sensors--engine rpm, countershaft speed, gear position and shift spindle angle--to control the speed of the electric shift motor's gear and clutch engagement. Gear-engagement speed varies according to rider style: The transmission shifts more quickly when riding style turns sporty. A neutral lockout at speeds greater than 2 mph ensures available engine braking when descending hills. To maintain smooth shifting, the transmission cannot be shifted from Neutral to First gear or Reverse gear at engine speeds above 3000 rpm. ESP is not battery-dependent, operating whenever the engine is running. Should the rider ever need to shift manually, the Rancher® FE is also equipped with an auxiliary shift lever in the tool kit.
- Unique Honda-designed floorboards on all Ranchers allow the rider's feet to grip the footrests while keeping away mud and debris.
- All-new 420cc longitudinally mounted engine eliminates 90-degree power transfers and boasts more horsepower and torque than previous Rancher engine.
- Overhead-valve design provides compact engine dimensions for improved ground clearance while maintaining a broad, easy-to-use powerband.
- Keihin fuel-injection system provides crisp performance and ensures trouble-free operation in cold conditions and changing altitudes.
- Rubber-cushion engine mounting and gear-driven counterbalancer reduce vibration.
- Super-heavy-duty automatic clutch with a low rpm engagement point for excellent driveability and towing capability.
- Five-speed transmission with Reverse includes an ultra-low first gear. The Rancher 4x4 model shifts using a foot-operated pedal. The Rancher 4x4 ES model incorporates Honda's exclusive Electric Shift Program (ESP) for easy shifts with the touch of a handlebar-mounted button.
- Traxlok 4WD/2WD selector lever allows 4WD when needed for the tough stuff and 2WD when conditions permit.
- Convenient electric starting, with optional recoil starter and an automatic internal-decompression system.
- Washable air filter for easy maintenance and consistent performance.
- Stainless-steel exhaust header and muffler for superior corrosion resistance.
- Three-chamber muffler baffling uses no packing material that can blow out. Provides long-lasting performance.
- Full transistor ignition with electronic advance for excellent performance and reliability.
- Powerful 343-watt AC generator.
- Large 7.2-liter airbox with reusable foam air filter provides more air to the engine for increased performance.
- Rugged frame and suspension provide an exceptional 6.5 inches of ground clearance.
- Steering-mechanism design features light effort and a tight turning radius of 10.5 feet.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension uses premium shock absorbers to provide 6.3 inches of suspension travel for a plush, comfortable ride.
- Steel swingarm and gas charged rear shock absorber provide 6.3 inches of suspension travel for superb comfort and compliance.
- Tough, large-diameter 24x8-12 front, and wide 24x10-11 rear tires provide excellent ground clearance while maintaining precise handling.
- Dual front hydraulic disc brakes and sealed mechanical rear drum brakes for strong stops.
- Engine design produces low emissions and meets EPA and California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
- FE model has multifunction LCD digital instrumentation that is compact, tough and waterproof, featuring large readouts for gear position, speedometer, odometer, resettable tripmeter and hourmeter. Instrument housing includes indicator lights for Reverse, Neutral, oil-temperature, fuel-injection and 4WD.
- Optional waterproof accessory socket provides 12-volt, 10-amp power with a built-in temperature-type fuse.
- Large cargo racks front and rear carry payloads of 66 and 133 pounds, respectively.
- Heavy-duty trailer hitch with 850-pound towing capacity.
- Large, lightweight plastic fuel tank with 3.7-gallon capacity.
- Fuel gauge is standard equipment.
- Snorkel-type air-intake system is specially designed to resist water.
- Under-seat storage compartment allows access when rack is loaded.
- Thickly padded seat provides all-day comfort.
- Large fenders give excellent mud protection.
- Twin-headlight system with 30-watt bulbs features multireflector lenses for optimal light distribution.
- Combination LED stop- and taillight.
- USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler designed for quiet operation without wool packing for long-lasting performance.
- Constant-velocity-joint boot guards help prevent damage to boot covers.
- Tough 12-amp-hour maintenance-free battery.
- Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use controls.
- Keyed ignition switch for added security.
- Full-length synthetic lower skidplate with integrated front brush guard.
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Handlebar switches, controls and warning labels use easy-to-understand graphic labels.
- Standard equipment includes a tire-pressure gauge.
- GVWR is 1074 pounds (TRX420FE)/1071 pounds (TRX420FM).
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable six-month limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda ATV by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America® (HRCA®). Benefits include online access to the Honda Common Service Manual, six issues of the bimonthly Honda Red Rider™ magazine, travel discounts and trip routing, plus access to the HRCA Web site (www.hrca.honda.com). Look for the HRCA support team at select off-road events across the country. For details on the HRCA, dealers should call (310) 783-3958, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time.
- Flag Kit.