Powersports / ATV / Utility / FourTrax Rancher 4x4 ES/4x4
2008 Honda FourTrax Rancher 4x4 ES/FourTrax Rancher 4x4 Features
Talk about tough customers-the 420cc FourTrax Rancher 4x4 cranks up your outdoor adventures with a full list of features including selectable 4WD/2WD TraxLok, torque-sensitive front differential and fuel injection, plus the option of Honda's Electric Shift Program.
Features & Benefits
New for 2008
- New Black color joins Red, Olive and NaturalGear™ Camouflage.
- Rugged OHV liquid-cooled, fuel-injected 420cc longitudinally mounted engine allows direct driveshaft alignment to both front and rear wheels for maximum drivetrain efficiency (see Technology Section).
- Large radiator with cooling fan ensures optimal engine cooling under difficult operating conditions.
- Closed crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
- ES model features Electric Shift Program (ESP™) for push-button up shifting and downshifting (see Technology Section).
- Specially-designed floorboards on all Ranchers allow the rider's feet to grip the footrests while helping to keep mud and debris away.
- Powerful 420cc longitudinally mounted engine eliminates 90-degree power transfers and boasts exceptional horsepower and torque.
- Overhead-valve design provides compact engine dimensions for improved ground clearance while maintaining a broad, easy-to-use powerband.
- Keihin fuel-injection system provides crisp performance and ensures trouble-free operation in cold conditions and changing altitudes.
- Rubber-cushion engine mounting and gear-driven counterbalancer reduce vibration.
- Super-heavy-duty automatic clutch with a low rpm engagement point for excellent driveability and towing capability.
- Five-speed transmission with Reverse includes an ultra-low First gear. The Rancher 4x4 model shifts using a foot-operated pedal. The Rancher 4x4 ES model incorporates Honda's exclusive Electric Shift Program (ESP) for easy shifts with the touch of a handlebar-mounted button.
- TraxLok 4WD/2WD selector lever allows 4WD when needed for the tough stuff and 2WD when conditions permit (see Technology Section).
- Convenient electric starting, with optional recoil starter and an automatic internal-decompression system.
- Washable foam air filter for easy maintenance and consistent performance.
- Stainless-steel exhaust header and muffler for superior corrosion resistance.
- Three-chamber muffler baffling uses no packing material that can blow out. Provides long-lasting performance.
- Full transistor ignition with electronic advance for excellent performance and reliability.
- Powerful 343-watt AC generator.
- Large 7.2-liter airbox with reusable foam air filter provides more air to the engine for increased performance.
- Rugged frame and suspension provide an exceptional 6.5 inches of ground clearance.
- Steering-mechanism design features light effort and a tight turning radius of 10.5 feet.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension uses premium shock absorbers to provide 6.3 inches of suspension travel for a plush, comfortable ride.
- Steel swingarm and gas charged rear shock absorber provide 6.3 inches of suspension travel for superb comfort and compliance.
- Tough, large-diameter 24x8-12 front, and wide 24x10-11 rear tires provide excellent ground clearance while maintaining precise handling.
- Dual front hydraulic disc brakes and sealed mechanical rear drum brakes for strong stops.
- Engine design produces low emissions and meets EPA and California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
- FE model has multifunction LCD digital instrumentation that is compact, tough and waterproof, featuring large readouts for gear position, speedometer, odometer, resettable tripmeter and hour meter. Instrument housing includes indicator lights for Reverse, Neutral, oil-temperature, fuel-injection and 4WD.
- Optional waterproof accessory socket provides 12-volt, 10-amp power with a built-in temperature-type fuse.
- Large cargo racks front and rear carry payloads of 66 and 133 pounds, respectively.
- Heavy-duty trailer hitch with 850-pound towing capacity.
- Large, lightweight plastic fuel tank with 3.6-gallon capacity
- Fuel gauge is standard equipment.
- Snorkel-type air-intake system is specially designed to resist water.
- Under-seat storage compartment allows access when rack is loaded.
- Thickly padded seat provides all-day comfort.
- Large fenders give excellent mud protection.
- Twin-headlight system with 30-watt bulbs features multireflector lenses for optimal light distribution.
- Combination LED stoplight and taillight.
- USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler designed for quiet operation without wool packing for long-lasting performance.
- Constant-velocity-joint boot guards help prevent damage to boot covers.
- Tough 12-amp-hour maintenance-free battery.
- Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use controls.
- Keyed ignition switch for added security.
- Full-length synthetic lower skidplate with integrated front brush guard.
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Handlebar switches, controls and warning labels use easy-to-understand graphic labels.
- Standard equipment includes a tire-pressure gauge.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda USA-certified unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America® (HRCA®). Visit www.hrca.honda.com for details.
- Flag Kit.
- Recoil Starter.
- 12-Volt Accessory Socket.