Powersports / ATV
2009 Honda FourTrax Recon ES/FourTrax Recon Features
Available with a manual gearbox or pushbutton electric shift, the Recon® is one rugged midsize ATV that continues to be a best seller thanks to its stylish appearance and get-it-done credentials.
New for 2009
- New White color joins Red and Olive.
- ES model features Electric Shift Program (ESP®) for pushbutton upshifting and downshifting (see Technology Section).
- Both the Recon ES and Recon feature the high-performance cylinder head from the TRX250X for increased performance.
- An oil cooler is standard equipment on both Recon ES and Recon models, ensuring optimal engine temperatures under difficult operating conditions.
- Both the Recon and Recon ES have uniquely designed floorboards, which allow the rider's feet to grip the footrests while helping keep mud and debris away from the rider's feet.
- The Recon ES features a gear indicator in addition to the Neutral and Reverse lights provided on the Recon.
- Lightweight, OHV air-cooled 229cc engine is longitudinally mounted to allow direct driveshaft alignment to rear wheels for fewer frictional losses (see Technology Section).
- 22mm carburetor with light throttle control offers good engine response and excellent fuel economy.
- Overhead-valve design offers a wide, easy-to-use powerband and compact engine dimensions.
- Closed-crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
- Rubber-cushion engine mounting reduces vibration.
- USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler is constructed of stainless steel.
- Automatic cam-chain tensioner reduces maintenance.
- Convenient electric starter with auxiliary recoil starter.
- Wet-sump engine design with 1.6-quart oil capacity.
- CD ignition system with electronic advance features an rpm limiter for added durability.
- Five-speed transmission with Reverse and automatic clutch on the Recon.
- Plush front and rear suspension for comfortable all-day riding.
- Lightweight double-cradle steel chassis.
- Maintenance-free shaft drive routes power directly from the longitudinally mounted engine without inefficient directional changes.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension gives 5.1 inches of travel.
- Steel swingarm and single rear shock absorber give 4.9 inches of travel.
- Dual sealed front hydraulic drum brakes and sealed mechanical rear drum.
- Tires feature aggressive tread patterns for excellent traction.
- Ergonomically designed seating and control layouts provide a comfortable operating position for a wide range of rider sizes.
- Large cargo racks front and rear allow payloads of 33 and 66 pounds, respectively.
- Large, lightweight plastic fuel tank with 2.6 gallon-capacity.
- Snorkel-type air-intake system is specially designed for water crossings.
- Dual-headlight system with 25-watt lights.
- LED taillight and brake light.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Powerful 110-watt AC generator.
- Washable foam air filter for easy maintenance and consistent performance.
- Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use controls.
- Keyed ignition switch for added security.
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Standard tool kit includes a tire-pressure gauge.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- When you buy a new Honda Powersports Product, you may be eligible to receive a complimentary one year membership in the Honda Riders Club of America, which includes an exclusive Members-only magazine, rider training benefits, access to the Members-only Clubhouse website and much more. Some limitations apply. For more information on the HRCA, log on to hrca.honda.com.
Honda Genuine Accessories
- Flag Kit.
- Trailer Hitch.