Powersports / ATV
2009 Honda TRX400X - Features & Benefits
Featuring a blend of aggressive styling and high performance, the sporty TRX400X also offers a refined design and thoughtful rider amenities such as Reverse gear and electric starting.
New for 2009
- New Black color joins Red/Black, Black/White.
- The 397cc RFVC engine draws its breath from the same engine that powered the bulletproof XR400R.
- Rugged steel frame with removable subframe for easy maintenance.
- Beautiful one-piece cast-aluminum swingarm offers exceptional rigidity.
- Radial tires for exceptional handling.
- Triple disc brakes provide superb stopping power.
- Aggressive body style complements the all-sport appearance.
- High-performance, 397cc, dry-sump, air-cooled, four-stroke, single-cylinder engine.
- Radial Four-Valve Combustion Chamber (RFVC) for maximum combustion efficiency and horsepower.
- Camshaft timing developed especially to meet ATV requirements for torque and useable horsepower.
- Gear-driven counterbalancer minimizes engine vibration for smooth operation.
- Dual intake and exhaust ports for maximum engine efficiency in sport operating conditions.
- Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioner.
- Closed-crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
- 38mm carburetor provides light throttle effort, superb air/fuel mixing and driveability. An accelerator pump ensures excellent throttle response for maximum power.
- Stainless-steel dual exhaust header pipes resist corrosion.
- USDA-qualified muffler/spark arrester offers quiet operation and maximum power.
- CD ignition with electronic advance and 9100-rpm engine rev limiter.
- Heavy-duty clutch has 2mm-thick plates designed to stand up to sport-ATV demands.
- High-efficiency oil cooler supplements the large-capacity oil tank for maximum engine cooling.
- Five-speed transmission with Reverse has gears and ratios specifically designed for sport-ATV use.
- Round-tube steel frame with removable subframe is lightweight, durable and very strong.
- One-piece cast-aluminum swingarm for maximum strength, rigidity and durability.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension offers 8.2 inches of travel from twin Showa shock absorbers with five-position adjustable spring preload for superb ride quality over harsh terrain.
- Pro-Link® rear suspension with a fully adjustable large-diameter aluminum-body piggyback Showa shock absorber provides 9.1 inches of travel (see Technology Section).
- Triple disc brakes feature excellent stopping power and a weight-saving aluminum rear caliper stay.
- Aluminum Pro-Link components further reduce vehicle weight.
- Lightweight aluminum wheels reduce unsprung weight for even better handling.
- Radial tires with knobby pattern provide superb traction and cornering ability.
- Durable and heavy-duty O-ring-sealed drive chain.
- Easy-to-use eccentric chain adjuster.
- Convenient pushbutton electric starting.
- Long, narrow seat provides excellent comfort and superb sport riding ergonomics.
- Aggressive styling of front cowl, fuel tank and fenders complements pure-sport design.
- Durable plastic fuel tank.
- Dual 30-watt headlights integrated into front cowl provide distinctive sport style and excellent function.
- LED rear brake light and taillight for high visibility and long life.
- Snorkel-type airbox to avoid contamination from water and dirt.
- Washable, two-stage, large-capacity foam air filter.
- Oil tank features a dipstick for easy maintenance.
- Comfortable dogleg levers; clutch lever has cable adjuster and dust cover.
- High-impact plastic skidplates protect engine cases, rear brake disc and sprocket.
- Rear mudguard with rigid footrests.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Keyed ignition switch offers added security.
- Multifunction handlebar switch assembly is simple to operate.
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Tool kit includes tire-pressure gauge and owner's manual.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- When you buy a new Honda Powersports Product, you may be eligible to receive a complimentary one year membership in the Honda Riders Club of America, which includes an exclusive Members-only magazine, rider training benefits, access to the Members-only Clubhouse website and much more. Some limitations apply. For more information on the HRCA, log on to hrca.honda.com.
Honda Genuine Accessories
- Flag Kit.
- Front Bumper (MX type).
- Front Bumper (GNCC type).
- Frame Skid Plate.
- Swingarm Skid Plate.
- A-Arm Guards (front).
- Nerf Bars.
- Shock Covers.
- ATV Cover.