Powersports / ATV
2012 FourTrax Rancher ES/FourTrax Rancher Features and Benefits
Over the years, the ready-and-willing FourTrax® Rancher® has proven over and over again to be an exceptionally dependable riding partner. Whether the day calls for hard work or loads of fun, these hard-working machines simply get the job done thanks to a torque-laden liquid-cooled fuel-injected 420cc engine and more. You can choose between a manual-shift FourTrax Rancher or one with Honda’s renowned Electric Shift Program (ESP®) to suit your specific riding needs.
New for 2012
- New Black wheels on Olive model.
- Large cargo racks front and rear allow payloads of 66 and 133 pounds, respectively.
- New seat with increased foam for more comfort on long rides.
- Heavy-duty trailer hitch with towing capacity of 850 pounds.
- Large, lightweight plastic fuel tank with 3.5-gallon capacity.
- Snorkel-type air-intake system is specially designed to resist water intake.
- Unique rear-opening storage compartment allows access when rack is loaded.
- Twin-headlight system with 30-watt bulbs features multi-reflector lenses for optimal light distribution.
- High-visibility, long-life LED brakelight and taillight.
- Tough 12-amp-hour maintenance-free battery.
- Optional waterproof accessory socket provides 12-volt, 10-amp power with a built-in temperature-type fuse.
- Specially designed floorboards allow the rider’s feet to grip the footrests while helping to keep away mud and debris.
- Large fenders give excellent mud protection.
- Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use controls.
- Full-length synthetic lower skidplate with integrated front brush guard.
- Stainless-steel exhaust system includes a USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler designed for quiet operation without servicing for long-lasting performance.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Rugged OHV liquid-cooled fuel-injected 420cc longitudinally mounted engine allows direct driveshaft alignment to rear wheels for improved drivetrain efficiency.
- Overhead-valve design provides compact engine dimensions for excellent ground clearance while maintaining a broad, easy-to-use powerband.
- Closed-crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
- Rubber-cushion engine mounting and gear-driven counterbalancer reduce vibration.
- Super-heavy-duty automatic clutch with a low rpm engagement point for excellent driveability and towing capability.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) system provides crisp performance, excellent economy and trouble-free operation in cold conditions and varying altitudes.
- Large radiator with cooling fan ensures optimal engine cooling under difficult operating conditions.
- Five-speed transmission with Reverse includes an ultra-low First gear.
- Convenient electric starting with optional recoil starter and an automatic internal decompression system.
- Large 7.2-liter airbox with washable, reusable foam air filter provides more air to the engine for increased performance.
- Full transistorized ignition with electronic advance for excellent performance and reliability.
- Powerful 359-watt AC generator.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension uses premium shock absorbers to provide 6.3 inches of suspension travel for a plush, comfortable ride.
- Steel swingarm and gas-charged rear shock absorber provide 6.3 inches of suspension travel for superb comfort and compliance.
- Dual hydraulic front disc brakes and sealed mechanical rear drum brake for strong stops.
Honda Genuine Accessories*
- Flag Kit, Recoil Starter, 12-Volt Accessory Socket