The TRX400X enjoys a well-deserved reputation for bringing aggressive styling and high performance to the ranks of sport ATVs. The bulletproof 397cc RFVC (Radial Four-Valve Combustion Chamber) engine has earned its place as one of the all-time great engines by offering both power and durability in spades. Yet thoughtful amenities such as a five-speed transmission plus Reverse gear and electric starting bolster the fun part of the equation as well. All in all, the TRX400X delivers all the goods for those in search of a performance-packed ATV that also includes Honda's legendary excellence of design.
New for 2012
- New Black/Red color and graphics.
- The 397cc RFVC engine draws its breath from the same engine that powered the bulletproof XR400R.
- Rugged steel frame with removable subframe for easy maintenance.
- Beautiful one-piece cast-aluminum swingarm offers exceptional rigidity.
- Radial tires for exceptional handling.
- Triple disc brakes provide superb stopping power.
- Aggressive body style complements the all-sport appearance.
- High-performance 397cc dry-sump air-cooled four-stroke single-cylinder engine.
- Radial Four-Valve Combustion Chamber (RFVC) for maximum combustion efficiency and horsepower.
- Camshaft timing developed especially to meet ATV requirements for torque and useable horsepower.
- Gear-driven counterbalancer minimizes engine vibration for smooth operation.
- Dual intake and exhaust ports for maximum engine efficiency in sport operating conditions.
- Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioner.
- Closed-crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
- 38mm carburetor provides light throttle effort, superb air/fuel mixing and driveability. An accelerator pump ensures excellent throttle response for maximum power.
- Stainless-steel dual exhaust header pipes resist corrosion.
- USDA-qualified muffler/spark arrester offers quiet operation and maximum power.
- CD ignition with electronic advance and 9100-rpm engine rev limiter.
- Heavy-duty clutch has 2mm-thick plates designed to stand up to sport-ATV demands.
- High-efficiency oil cooler supplements the large-capacity oil tank for maximum engine cooling.
- Five-speed transmission with Reverse has gears and ratios specifically designed for sport-ATV use.
- Round-tube steel frame with removable subframe is lightweight, durable and very strong.
- One-piece cast-aluminum swingarm for maximum strength, rigidity and durability.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension offers 8.2 inches of travel from twin Showa shock absorbers with five-position adjustable spring preload for superb ride quality over harsh terrain.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension with a fully adjustable large-diameter aluminum-body piggyback Showa shock absorber provides 9.1 inches of travel.
- Triple disc brakes feature excellent stopping power and a weight-saving aluminum rear caliper stay.
- Aluminum Pro-Link components further reduce vehicle weight.
- Lightweight aluminum wheels reduce unsprung weight for even better handling.
- Radial tires with knobby pattern provide superb traction and cornering ability.
- Durable and heavy-duty O-ring-sealed drive chain.
- Easy-to-use eccentric chain adjuster.
- Convenient pushbutton electric starting.
- Long, narrow seat provides excellent comfort and superb sport riding ergonomics.
- Aggressive styling of front cowl, fuel tank and fenders complements pure-sport design.
- Durable plastic fuel tank.
- Dual 30-watt headlights integrated into front cowl provide distinctive sport style and excellent function.
- LED rear brake light and taillight for high visibility and long life.
- Snorkel-type airbox to avoid contamination from water and dirt.
- Washable, reusable two-stage, large-capacity foam air filter.
- Oil tank features a dipstick for easy maintenance.
- Comfortable dogleg levers; clutch lever has cable adjuster and dust cover.
- High-impact plastic skidplates protect engine cases, rear brake disc and sprocket.
- Rear mudguard with rigid footrests.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Keyed ignition switch offers added security.
- Multifunction handlebar switch assembly is simple to operate.
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Tool kit includes tire-pressure gauge and owner's manual.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
Honda Genuine Accessories*
- Flag Kit, Front Bumper (MX type/GNCC type), Frame Skid Plate, Swingarm Skid Plate, A-Arm Guards (front), Nerf Bars, Shock Covers, ATV Cover
*WARRANTY: Because we're so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Genuine accessories, we're pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.