This all-new FourTrax® Foreman® Rubicon™ raises the bar with bold new styling, a completely new chassis with Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) and a new 500-class engine featuring Honda's advanced dual-range automatic Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT). The best handling and most comfortable Rubicon yet, it's also available with Electric Power Steering (EPS) as well as a Deluxe version.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Legendary Honda 500-class engine is tuned for loads of pulling power along with a broad, easy-to-use powerband.
- The Automatic DCT provides the compact size and strength of a manual transmission (no belts to slip, break or burn out) with the convenience of an automatic transmission, while giving the rider the option of push-button manual control via Honda's Electric Shift Program (ESP®). For 2015, the Automatic DCT features a new dual shift-mapping program that automatically selects between two transmission shifting modes—either Cruise or Sport mode—for optimum shift timing depending on the rider's pattern of throttle operation. During aggressive use, the Sport mode kicks in and holds the transmission in gear longer before shifting to deliver more aggressive performance. During more casual operation, the Cruise mode allows the transmission to shift up sooner for more casual performance and enhanced fuel efficiency.
- New Drive/Low sub transmission offers two selectable gear ranges to match varying riding conditions.
- Honda's Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) system yields improved throttle response and smooth power delivery, and aids fuel economy for greater range.
- Honda TraxLok 2WD/4WD system offers 2WD, 4WD, and 4WD mode with locking front differential to optimize traction.
- TraxLok system incorporates a Speed Override mode that can be engaged when the front differential is locked, which allows increased wheel speed under severe conditions such as deep mud.
- Increased AC generator output of 574 watts allows powering more electrical accessories.
- New double-cradle steel frame features increased stiffness and better torsional rigidity for precise handling and a smooth ride.
- New independent double-wishbone front suspension delivers 7.3 inches of travel.
- New independent dual-arm rear suspension design offers a more optimal shock ratio and increased suspension stroke for 8.5 inches of travel.
- Adjustable spring preload featured on all shocks to allow suspension tuning to match varying loads and riding conditions.
- New dual-purpose lever makes it easier than ever to engage Reverse gear as well as setting the parking brake. Simply pull the lever to engage Reverse; push the lever to set the parking brake.
- Larger 190mm dual hydraulic disc brakes up front and 170mm hydraulic disc brake in back for strong stopping power.
- New aggressive styling includes an all-steel full-coverage front bumper with integrated mounts for an accessory winch.
- All-steel front and rear carriers are larger and offer more load capacity: 99 pounds up front, 187 pounds in the rear. Flat plates on carriers facilitate loading and offer multiple tie-down points.
- Heavy-duty trailer hitch with 1322-pound towing capacity.
- New three-point mounting setup for the optional EPS system makes the steering mechanism more rigid for more precise steering.
- New seat is thicker, softer and sport-grip-textured for increased rider comfort and performance.
- More open rider triangle ergonomics for all-day comfort.
- New bold 50-watt top assist light operates independently of front headlights.
- New electronic digital meter display includes a Maintenance Minder system that signals when it is time for service.
- New-generation Maxxis tires feature a more aggressive tread pattern for improved traction and a new carcass design for improved rider comfort.
- Bold new styling lends a distinctive appearance to set it apart from the rest.
- Available Deluxe model with aluminum wheels, special red-painted suspension components, and decals.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina, using domestically and globally sourced parts.
- Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
Honda Genuine Accessories†
Windscreen, Soft Rack Bag (front), Soft Rack Bag (rear), Fender Bag, Outdoor Storage Cover, Heated Grips, Plow Blade, Plow Push Tube, Plow Mount Kit, Winch Kit, Winch Mount Kit, Recoil Starter, Front A-Arm Guards, Rear A-Arm Guards, Rear Frame Skidplate, Rear Bumper, Aluminum Frame Skidplate, Accessory Sub Harness
† WARRANTY: Because we're so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Genuine accessories, we're pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.