Powersports / ATV
2015 FourTrax Rancher Automatic DCT IRS/FourTrax Rancher Automatic DCT IRS with EPS Features and Benefits
This new FourTrax® Rancher® gets an all-new frame featuring our new independent dual-arm rear suspension design with increased travel front and rear for increased confidence and all-day comfort on the trail. Coupled with our Automatic Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) technology, new easy-to-use Reverse gear/parking brake lever, and optional Electric Power Steering (EPS), this is our most feature-rich Rancher in the lineup at a very affordable price.
Features and Benefits
- The Automatic DCT provides the compact size and strength of a manual transmission (no belts to slip, break or burn out) with the convenience of an automatic transmission, while giving the rider the option of push-button manual control via Honda's Electric Shift Program (ESP). For 2015, the Automatic DCT features a new dual shift-mapping program that automatically selects between two transmission shifting modes—either Cruise or Sport mode—for optimum shift timing depending on the rider's pattern of throttle operation. During aggressive use, the Sport mode kicks in and holds the transmission in gear longer before shifting to deliver more aggressive performance. During more casual operation, the Cruise mode allows the transmission to shift up sooner for more casual performance and enhanced fuel efficiency.
- All-new double-cradle steel frame developed with Computer Aided Engineering features increased stiffness (up 20 percent) for even more precise handling and a smoother ride.
- New independent double-wishbone front suspension gains an additional 1.0 inch of travel.
- New independent dual-arm rear suspension design offers a more optimal shock ratio and increased suspension stroke for a gain of 2.2 inches of travel.
- New dual-purpose lever makes it easier than ever to engage Reverse gear as well as setting the parking brake. Simply pull the lever to engage Reverse; push the lever to set the parking brake.
- Honda TraxLok 2WD/4WD system offers two drive modes: 2WD and 4WD with TraxLok torque-sensing front differential.
- Optional Electric Power Steering (EPS) system is a next-generation setup that incorporates new ECU mapping for improved linearity in steering response, reduced low-speed steering effort for enhanced maneuverability and decreased kickback traits for improved all-around steering action.
- Heavy-duty trailer hitch with 848-pound towing capacity.
- Twin-headlight system has been redesigned and now features 35-watt headlights with a more focused light distribution pattern for improved visibility after dark.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina, using domestically and globally sourced parts.
- Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Rugged OHV liquid-cooled, fuel-injected 420cc longitudinally mounted engine allows direct driveshaft alignment to both front and rear wheels for maximum drivetrain efficiency.
- Overhead-valve design provides compact engine dimensions for excellent ground clearance while maintaining a broad, easy-to-use powerband.
- Super-heavy-duty automatic clutch with a low-rpm engagement point for excellent driveability and towing capability.
- In addition to the fully automatic transmission mode, riders can also employ Honda's exclusive Electric Shift Program (ESP) for easy shifts with the touch of handlebar-mounted buttons.
- New mapping for the Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) system improves power delivery and throttle response, and increases fuel efficiency for greater range.
- Handy TraxLok 2WD/4WD selector lever, mounted on the left-front panel, allows 4WD when needed for the tough stuff and 2WD when conditions permit.
- Stainless-steel exhaust system includes a USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler designed for quiet operation without servicing for long-lasting performance.
- Adjustable spring preload now featured on all shocks to allow suspension tuning to match varying loads and riding conditions.
- All-new one-piece tank/side cover allows easy access (no tools required) for maintenance.
- New, aggressively styled bodywork also provides better mud protection.
- New rear fender and IRS decals separate this Rancher from the rest of the lineup.
- Revolutionary Electric Power Steering (EPS)—EPS model only.
- New three-point mounting setup for the EPS system makes the entire steering mechanism more rigid for even more precise steering.
- Increased AC generator output of 450 watts to power more electrical accessories.
- New high-performance, maintenance-free Yuasa GYZ16H battery for added dependability.
- Honda Phantom Camo blends into a wide range of field environments, and the application procedures provide better graphic durability and improved resistance to fuel spillage.
- New digital meter display with added functions like a Maintenance Minder system that notifies when it is time for service.
- New fuel pump is derived from Honda automobile technology. It mounts in the fuel tank for better heat isolation and offers increased filter life.
- Larger 3.9 gallon fuel tank (including 1.3 gallon reserve) so you can ride farther between fill ups.
- New plastic CV joint boots are more durable and tear-resistant.
- New sealed steering knuckle bearings for extended durability.
- Newly optimized rider triangle ergonomics for added comfort.
- A 20mm (0.8 inch) increase in seat foam thickness and softer seat foam increase rider comfort.
- Larger 190mm dual hydraulic disc brakes up front and 170mm hydraulic disc brake in back for strong stopping power.
- Full-length synthetic lower skidplate with integrated front brush guard.
- Front carrier capacity is 66 pounds and larger rear carrier is 133 pounds.
Honda Genuine Accessories†
Windscreen, Soft Rack Bag (front), Soft Rack Bag (rear), Fender Bag, Outdoor Storage Cover, Heated Grips, Plow Blade, Plow Push Tube, Plow Mount Kit, Winch Kit, Winch Mount Kit, Recoil Starter, 12V Power Outlet, Front A-Arm Guards, Rear A-Arm Guards, Aluminum Frame Skidplate, Rear Frame Skidplate, Accessory Sub Harness
† WARRANTY: Because we're so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Genuine accessories, we're pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.