Powersports / Motorcycles / Custom / Sabre
2012 Honda Sabre - Features and Benefits
Sometimes you just want to wear your aggression on your sleeve, and that’s why the Sabre® is ready to do your talking for you. The Sabre’s muscular pro-street style provides a classic ride, with ergonomics to match. Add an impressive 1312cc V-twin engine complete with Honda’s sophisticated Programmed Fuel Injection, and you’ll be rolling down the meanest streets with a bike that’s as tough as it looks: the 2012 Sabre.
- Muscular pro-street styling with a raked-out front end for an aggressive stance.
- Stylized, curved downtubes create a unique custom look.
- New-style wheels feature special five-spoke design.
- Specially designed tank-mounted chrome housing features a speedometer, odometer/A&B tripmeter and indicator lights for turn signals, high beam, neutral, oil pressure, coolant temperature and clock.
- Handlebar is low, narrow and farther forward for an aggressive pro-street riding position.
- Minimalist front and rear fenders complement the Sabre’s styling.
- Sleek one-piece seat design enhances the Sabre’s bold design.
- 4.4-gallon fuel tank capacity.
- Slim radiator is mounted unobtrusively to accent the Sabre’s clean lines.
- Low-maintenance slim-profile driveshaft provides smooth operation with no need for chain or belt guards and covers.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- 1312cc liquid-cooled 52-degree V-twin delivers strong low-end and mid-range torque, with ample power for passing and relaxed cruising. Unique dual exhaust offers throaty exhaust note.
- Powerplant features a single-pin crankshaft to accentuate the engine’s character.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) incorporates a single 38mm-diameter throttle body.
- Three-Valve Dual-Plug Combustion Chamber.
- Five-speed transmission for exciting roll-on performance.
- Single rear shock provides 3.9 inches of wheel travel.
- 41mm front fork provides 4.0 inches of plush, responsive travel.
Honda Genuine Accessories†
- Custom Grips, Boulevard Screen (smoke), 18L Saddlebag (plain/studded), Saddlebag Bracket (18L), Touring Bag (plain/studded/fringed), Front Pouch (plain/studded/fringed), Tank Belt (plain/studded), Backrest & Pad (low/tall), Rear Carrier Mounting Bracket, Rear Carrier, Rider Footpegs, Front Spoiler (black/red), Front Spoiler LED Accent Lights, Custom Rider Seat (Scorpion/Flame), Chrome Side Cover, PIAA Driving Light, Braided Lines (Throttle Cable/Clutch Cable/Front Brake Hose/Rear Brake Hose), Digital Audio System, Audio Attach Kit, Master Cylinder Caps (fluted/V design/neo-retro), Billet Dipstick, Fork Nut Covers, Billet License Plate Frame (fluted/V design/neo-retro), Engine Guard, Passenger Floorboards
† WARRANTY: Because we’re so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Genuine Accessories, we’re pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.
Model: VT1300CS / VT1300CS ABS
Engine Type: 1312cc liquid-cooled 52° V-twin
Bore and Stroke: 89.5mm x 104.3mm
Compression ratio: 9.2:1
Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
Induction: PGM-FI with automatic enrichment circuit, one 38mm throttle body
Ignition: Digital with 3-D mapping, two spark plugs per cylinder
Final Drive: Shaft
Front: 41mm fork; 4.0 inches travel
Rear: Single shock; 3.9 inches travel
Front: Single 336mm disc with twin-piston caliper
Rear: 296mm disc with single-piston caliper
Optional ABS with CBS
Wheelbase: 70.3 inches
Rake (Caster Angle): 33.0°
Trail: 115.0mm (4.5 inches)
Seat Height: 26.9 inches
Fuel Capacity: 4.4 gallons
Estimated Fuel Economy**: 46 mpg
Color: Ultra Blue Metallic
Curb Weight*: 664 pounds (VT1300CS) / 679 pounds (VT1300CS ABS)
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride.
**Honda’s fuel-economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride; how you maintain your vehicle; weather; road conditions; tire pressure; installation of accessories; cargo, rider and passenger weight; and other factors.
Meets current EPA standards.
Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
©2012 American Honda Motor Co., Inc. All rights reserved.