Powersports / Motorcycles / Dual Purpose / CRF250L / Press Kit
2013 Honda CRF250L - Features and Benefits
With the CRF250L, Honda re-enters the 250-class dual-sport motorcycle market. This is a machine that's more than ready to take on exciting off-road challenges without giving up street-riding accommodations. The compact and sophisticated liquid-cooled DOHC 249cc single-cylinder four-stroke powerplant produces smooth and consistent torque at low rpm to aid off-road work, yet the short-stroke engine also spins up excellent high-rpm performance for the street. All through the rev range, the CRF250L pumps out a well-balanced and very capable level of power. Its off-road-oriented chassis, which includes a long-travel 43mm inverted fork and single-shock Pro-Link® rear suspension, makes it equally at home on city streets or country trails. And with styling cues carried over from Honda's legendary CRF® motocross bikes, the CRF250L offers the full package, whether the day calls for low-cost transportation, a weekday commute or genuine dual-sport adventure.
- Compact and sophisticated liquid-cooled DOHC 249cc single-cylinder four-stroke powerplant produces smooth and consistent torque at low rpm, plus excellent high-rpm performance.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI).
- New, extremely compact roller rocker arm design for the low-friction valve train allows the use of a smaller cylinder head.
- Gear-driven counterbalancer shaft helps reduce vibrations for rider comfort.
- Electric start for easy starting.
- Lightweight aluminum crankcase.
- Maintenance-free CD ignition.
- Heavy-duty clutch offers smooth, progressive engagement.
- Smooth-shifting, versatile six-speed transmission.
- Heavy-duty O-ring–sealed chain for durability and reduced maintenance.
- Brand-new chassis developed specifically for the CRF250L provides excellent handling and agility.
- Lightweight semi-double-cradle high-tensile steel frame.
- Strong 43mm inverted fork provides 9.8 inches of travel.
- Pro-Link® single-shock rear suspension delivers 9.5 inches of rear-wheel travel.
- Tapered aluminum swingarm.
- Powerful wave-design 256mm front disc brake, and 220mm rear disc brake provide strong and consistent stopping power.
- Strong, lightweight rims with straight-pull spokes.
- CRF®-R-inspired bodywork and graphics.
- Front 21-inch wheel and 18-inch rear wheel with lightweight aluminum rims.
- Digital multi-function speedometer.
- Lockable tool box.
- Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Motocross-style seat is low and comfortable and allows maximum rider movement.
- Durable front and rear steel sprockets.
- High-quality handlebar with comfortable grips.
- Quiet, USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler.
- Maintenance-free sealed battery.
Honda Genuine Accessories†
- Cycle Cover
† WARRANTY: Because we're so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Genuine accessories, we're pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.