Powersports / Motorcycles / Enduro / CRF100F
2012 Honda CRF100F Features and Benefits
Thanks to its renowned 99cc four-stroke engine and a manual clutch with smooth, progressive action—just right for mastering the knack of clutch starts and manual shifting—the CRF100F has long stood as the iconic machine for introducing beginners to the joy of riding. Yet this incredibly versatile little machine has also been put to effective use for helping world-class racers to hone their riding skills. With such wide-ranging credentials, the little CRF100F stands tall as one of the most popular off-road bikes in the history of the sport.
- Simple, proven, dependable 99cc four-stroke engine produces smooth, easy-to-use power that’s ideal for recreational riders.
- 22mm carburetor offers excellent throttle response.
- Valve-guide, valve-stem seal and piston-ring design minimize oil consumption and maintain consistent power delivery at all operating temperatures.
- Closed crankcase vent system safeguards against engine-oil contamination.
- Ultra-reliable CD ignition never needs maintenance.
- Primary kickstarting for easy starts in any gear.
- Lightweight, upswept exhaust system utilizes a quiet, USDA-qualified muffler/spark arrester.
- Smooth-shifting five-speed transmission.
- Heavy-duty clutch offers smooth engagement and durability.
- Lightweight high-tensile steel frame is durable and strong.
- Leading-axle 27mm Showa front fork offers 5.2 inches of compliant suspension travel.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension (see 2011 Technology Section).
- Heavy-duty Showa rear shock.
- Lightweight, screw-type drive chain adjusters for simple maintenance.
- Lightweight, powerful drum brakes.
- CRF®-R-inspired graphics.
- Keyed ignition switch prevents unauthorized use.
- Durable body components.
- CRF-style seat shape and thicker seat foam accommodate a broad range of rider sizes.
- Generous ground clearance and skidplate for undercarriage protection.
- CRF-shape handlebar enhances rider comfort.
- High-quality controls feature dogleg levers, comfortable grips and side-pull throttle just like those of the bigger CRFs.
- Cleated, folding and self-cleaning footpegs offer secure footing.
- Long-wearing knobby tires offer excellent grip on a variety of terrain.
- Fork boots help protect stanchion tubes and fork seals.
- Silver-painted frame and footpegs.
- Durable steel sprockets.
- Washable, reusable foam air filter.
- Transferable six-month limited warranty; extended warranty available with a Honda Protection Plan.