Powersports / Motorcycles / Motocross / CR125R
2006 Honda CR125R Features & Benefits
Honda's two-stroke racer sets the standard for quality and performance with its class-leading technology, and has a reputation for being easy to ride for novices and professionals alike.
- Crankcase intake tract and six-petal reed valve for more efficient air flow
and improved drivability.
- Reed valve features thicker reed plates for better off-idle response.
- Piston features single keystone piston ring for improved sealing.
- 28mm radiator core improves cooling capacity.
- Shift fork shaft, shift forks and shift drum designed for precise shifting performance.
- Liquid-cooled two-stroke single-cylinder engine with 54mm x 54.5mm bore and stroke and 8.6:1 compression ratio.
- Nikasil-plated cylinder reduces friction and heat to improve overall performance.
- Piston ring groove is anodized for added durability.
- Air-intake boot is shaped for direct air flow and better low-speed engine performance.
- Foam gasket between airbox and air boot for better sealing and air flow management.
- 38mm Mikuni TMX carburetor with throttle position sensor (TPS).
- Carbon-fiber six-petal reed valve with sub reeds is designed for better top-end and low-end power.
- Exhaust port is shaped to improve top-end and over-rev power delivery.
- RC-style exhaust valve features an NSR road racing-inspired rotary flap design with governor control that provides a smooth power transition between low- and mid-range engine speeds. Redesigned exhaust valve flap features more overlap to minimize exhaust gas leakage between flap and cylinder.
- Exhaust header is designed to improve low-end and over-rev power delivery. The expansion chamber design enhances the engine's power output and delivery.
- A four-pole ACG design produces a high-voltage spark throughout the rpm range with low magnetic drag, thus permitting a freer-revving engine.
- A 16-bit processor in the ignition CPU produces immediate data calculation and extremely accurate ignition timing for the digital ignition.
- Eight clutch plates provide significant surface area to handle the engine's torque. Clutch springs provide a light feel at the lever.
- Dual radiators permit forward engine placement and provide significant cooling capacity.
- Steel water-pump gear and steel kickstarter-shaft collar enhance reliability.
- Primary kickstarting system allows starting in any gear.
- Swingarm features a dual-axis, double-taper design with a large cast-aluminum
cross member that is lighter weight and stronger.
- CR®125R's third-generation twin-spar aluminum frame features taller swingarm pivot plates and thinner frame spars to create a narrower overall frame cross-section, and is also lighter than the second-generation frame.
- Semi-double-cradle design features a single, large-diameter tapered downtube. Two rugged box-section rails attach to the base of the downtube and support the engine. A forged-aluminum steering head provides a compact and extremely durable mount for the frame spars and engine downtube.
- Optional 20-inch front wheel improves cornering traction and rider comfort.
- Rear hub design maximizes strength and lightness.
- Rear-axle diameter of 25mm and large-diameter bearings provide significant rigidity to withstand torturous track conditions.
- Inverted Kayaba fork features a cartridge design that separates air and oil for reduced contamination and more consistent fork action. Inner surface of fork's outer tubes is honed to retain a thin coating of lubricating oil to reduce friction with fork bushings.
- Pro-Link® single-shock rear suspension system features a fully adjustable Kayaba rear shock with 12.5 inches of travel, separate low-speed (18 positions) and high-speed (two turns) compression damping adjusters, and 30-position rebound damping. The adjusters are located together in a concentric fashion, with a screw inside a nut.
- Compact twin-piston front brake caliper, anodized aluminum brake pistons and lightweight front brake disc reduce unsprung weight for improved turning and handling.
- Large 240mm front and rear brake rotors to provide optimum braking control.
- Seat follows the shape of the fuel tank, providing a smooth transition to
increase rider mobility and comfort.
- "Non-slip" seat cover for increased rider control.
- Wide, cleated stainless steel footpegs are improved for self-cleaning and corrosion resistance, and provide excellent grip and fold for extra ground clearance.
- Cleated rear brake pedal, shift lever and folding shift lever tip are made of lightweight aluminum.
- Adjustable front brake lever for optimum control.
- Quick-adjust clutch perch.
- Aluminum Renthal 971 bend handlebar is rubber-mounted to reduce rider fatigue and improve comfort.
- CR handlebar holders provide three different mounting positions: Standard CR125R holder provides a 3mm rearward set and can be rotated 180 degrees to position handlebar 6mm forward. Optional holders (CR250R-type) provide neutral position to match rider preference.
- Works-type handlebar grips add to rider comfort.
- Front disc brake cover helps protect rotor and caliper from damage.
- Removable rear subframe allows easy maintenance.
- Dunlop D742 front and D756 rear tires for optimum traction and cornering.
- Washable, two-stage foam air filter for optimal engine protection and easy maintenance.
- Repackable silencer for maximum performance and minimal noise.
- Stainless steel clutch cable for long life.
- Ownership includes one-year complimentary membership for an individual in the Honda Rider's Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include: discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance, one year of Honda Red Rider™ magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse Web site (www.hrca.honda.com) and access online to Honda Common Service Manual. For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA.