Powersports / Motorcycles / Motocross / CR85R / Features
2007 Honda CR85R/CR85R-Expert- Features & Benefits
06/01/2006 - Torrance, Calif.
- Cylinder and cylinder head boost engine torque for powerful acceleration.
- Piston complements cylinder and engine power characteristics.
- Exhaust system to match cylinder and deliver maximum bottom-end torque and peak horsepower.
- Flat-slide PWK 28mm carburetor for ideal throttle response throughout the powerband.
- Maintenance-free digital CD ignition for maximum power output at all engine speeds.
- Heavy-duty clutch features tough friction discs for increased durability.
- 49-tooth rear sprocket matches engine power characteristics.
- Lightweight, liquid-cooled 84.7cc engine develops impressive power and features a Nikasil-plated cylinder for excellent cooling and wear characteristics.
- Reed-valve induction and 28mm carburetor for crisp throttle response at all rpm.
- Lightweight aluminum radiator for consistent engine temperatures and maximum performance.
- Heavy-duty clutch.
- Maintenance-free CD ignition with electronic advance.
- Low-mounted exhaust system enhances mass-centralization and contributes to high peak power.
- Slick-shifting close-ratio six-speed transmission.
- Front and rear suspension settings for ideal bump absorption.
- Handlebar bend optimizes rider position and comfort.
- Lightweight, high-tensile steel frame with large-diameter frame tubing and cross-member provides excellent turning performance and straight-line tracking.
- Box-section aluminum swingarm is lightweight and rigid.
- Removable subframe is strong and durable.
- 37mm leading-axle inverted Showa cartridge front fork features friction-reducing design to improve compression and rebound control.
- The fork offers adjustable compression and rebound settings.
- Wide-section aluminum top and bottom triple-clamps position fork tubes far apart for good turning and control.
- Tapered roller steering-head bearings.
- Pro-Link® rear suspension system features a fully adjustable Showa shock for superb compliance and wheel control.
- Strong, lightweight wheels are durable and minimize unsprung weight.
- Lightweight front and rear disc brakes with high-performance pads offer powerful, precise braking.
- Front and rear axles utilize a surface-treatment for added strength and durability.
- Slim, well-padded seat is comfortable and allows maximum rider movement.
- "Non-slip" seat cover for excellent rider control.
- Large-capacity airbox and reusable two-stage foam air filter.
- Racing-inspired body-work design.
- Cleated, folding, self-cleaning footpegs offer excellent grip.
- Fully adjustable, high-quality controls include comfortable grips, dogleg levers, side-pull throttle and a folding shift lever.
- High-quality, high-grip tires.
- Adjustable front brake lever and master-cylinder assembly are the same as CR®125R/CR250R components.
- Stainless steel clutch cable for long life and improved feel and action.
- Works-type handlebar grips add to rider comfort.
- Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include online access to the Honda Common Service Manual, six issues of the bimonthly Honda Red Rider™ magazine, travel discounts, trip routing, MSF reimbursement, plus access to the HRCA Web site (www.hrca.honda.com). Look for the HRCA support team at select off-road events across the country. For details on the HRCA, dealers should call (310) 783-3958, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time.