Powersports / Motorcycles / Motocross / CRF250R
2012 Honda CRF250R Features & Benefits
Superb handling and excellent power stand as the hallmarks of the CRF250R, and the revised 2012 model ups the ante in the 250 class. A new cylinder head and 46mm throttle body produce a broadened powerband featuring more low-end and midrange torque for an amazing, right-now hit of power. In addition, a new suspension linkage along with updated suspension settings front and rear bestow improved tracking and more precise handling upon the CRF250R, enhancements that make a great-handling bike even better than before. In addition to those changes, longer and wider footpegs deliver more support and Dunlop’s premium MX51 tires cap off championship-caliber credentials that make the CRF250R the bike to beat in 2012.
New for 2012
- New cylinder head and 46mm throttle body produce a broadened powerband featuring more low-end and midrange torque.
- Revised engine tuning produces added response and midrange power.
- Updated suspension settings front and rear for improved tracking and more precise handling.
- New footpegs are wider and longer for more support, and are now silver color.
- New front axle collars add rigidity to the front end, increasing steering precision.
- Liquid-cooled four-valve Unicam® 249cc engine.
- Engine is designed for improved power delivery from a compact package that lowers the center of gravity and enhances mass centralization for improved handling.
- Forged slipper-piston material permits a thinner crown. Low-friction surface treatment ensures high-rev potential.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) system utilizes a 46mm throttle body with 12-hole injector fed by lightweight 50-psi pump to ensure optimum fuel atomization and precisely targeted fuel charge. System also improves fuel consumption.
- PGM-FI system monitors throttle position, intake air and coolant temperatures and manifold pressure to accurately map fuel charge and ignition spark, significantly improving partial-throttle response and helping to ensure excellent rideability.
- Two crankshaft position sensors quickly determine crank position to provide quick starts, hot or cold.
- Kashima coating applied to the clutch basket and clutch center improves clutch life and feel.
- Revised fork valving offers improved balance and bottoming resistance.
- Revised shock valving helps deliver optimum chassis balance and improved suspension action.
- Honda Progressive Steering Damper (HPSD)-equipped Twin-Spar Aluminum Frame with forged-aluminum steering head.
- HPSD features a compact damper attached to the lower triple clamp and the steering head to allow more aggressive steering characteristics and assist straight-line handling. Damping action smoothly progresses as handlebar deflection increases, which produces very natural steering characteristics and feel.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension features exclusive Showa integrated-reservoir shock absorber with all-new damping.
- Brake system integrates the rear master cylinder and fluid reservoir, eliminating the separate reservoir and hose.
- Link-type front-brake master cylinder and a lightweight brake rotor provide strong braking.
- Compact muffler lowers sound emissions to 94 dB.
- Engine stop switch features an integrated LED pre-ride check indicator. This confirms the PGM-FI system is operating normally.
- PGM-FI tuning connectors located behind radiator shroud for easy access.
- Rider ergonomics are optimized by adapting the handlebar, seat and footpeg height to place the rider’s legs at the narrowest part of the frame for improved comfort and handling feel.
- Adjustable front-brake lever for improved control.
- Quick-adjust clutch perch for easy cable adjustment.
- Aluminum Renthal handlebar (971 bend) is rubber-mounted to help reduce rider fatigue and improve comfort.
- Front brake rotor cover shields against damage from roost and rocks.
Honda Genuine Accessories†
- American Honda will also be offering a lineup of Honda Genuine Accessories for the 2012 CRF250R. The HRC-branded line will include performance accessories such as HRC PGM-FI Tuning Kit, Red Cylinder Head Cover, Aluminum Radiator Brace, White ACG Cover, White Clutch Cover, Billet Duraluminum Triple Clamp, Red Billet Duraluminum Inspection Plug Cap, Red Billet Duraluminum Front Brakeline Clamp, Red Billet Duraluminum Oil Filler Cap, Red Billet Duraluminum Oversize Handlebar Holder, Red Billet Duraluminum Rear Brake Adjuster Clevis, Red Billet Duraluminum Front Master Cylinder Cap, Red Billet Duraluminum Rear Master Cylinder Cap, Red Billet Duraluminum Front Wheel Spacer Set, Red Billet Duraluminum Rear Wheel Spacer Set, Rear Master Cylinder Guard, Red Billet Duraluminum Dipstick, Red Billet Duraluminum Quick Adjuster Axle Block. Select accessories will also fit the 2009-2012 CRF450R.
† WARRANTY: Because we’re so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Genuine accessories, we’re pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.