Powersports / Motorcycles / Sport Touring / ST1300/ST1300ABS / Features
2012 Honda ST1300 - Features & Benefits
Long-distance adventure is best experienced aboard a machine that’s keenly in tune with your riding senses. For years, the Honda ST1300® has answered the call of the open road by setting the standard for power and handling in a package that’s the perfect fit for crisscrossing the USA or just enjoying a long weekend on the road. Equipped with a powerful 1261cc V-4 engine and Honda’s sophisticated Programmed Fuel Injection, plus full-coverage bodywork, a three-way adjustable rider’s seat, a motor-driven adjustable windscreen, dual saddlebags and more, the ST1300 remains the choice of dedicated long-haul riders.
- Liquid-cooled 1261cc longitudinally mounted V-4 engine delivers effortless acceleration and passing power.
- Combined Braking System (CBS).
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) model available.
- Three-position rider’s seat provides an adjustment range of 1.2 inches vertically and 1.0 inch horizontally. From the forward and lowest position, the seat can be moved up 0.6 inch and back approximately 0.5 inch to the middle position, and again by the same amount to the highest rear position.
- A motor-driven adjustable windscreen offers 7.4 inches and 13 degrees of adjustability for greater wind protection and touring comfort. A thumb-operated pushbutton on the left handlebar operates the windscreen motor. An additional 2.3 inches of manual adjustment is possible by repositioning the windscreen on the mounting brackets.
- A convenient pushbutton located on the left side of the fairing electrically adjusts the headlight height over a 2.5-degree range.
- A locking left-side fairing pocket offers the carrying capacity of an automobile console; a weather-resistant vinyl lid covers the right-side pocket.
- Convenient centerstand assist-lever folds neatly away when not in use.
- Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Compact, powerful 1261cc DOHC 90-degree V-4 engine with an oversquare bore and stroke of 78mm x 66mm and longitudinal mounting improves power flow and drivetrain efficiency.
- The 360-degree crank contributes to a very broad powerband. Two engine counterbalancers virtually eliminate primary and secondary vibration.
- Direct shim-under-bucket valve actuation system ensures high-rpm durability and allows 16,000-mile valve-maintenance intervals.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI).
- High-output, air-cooled, 660-watt alternator is located between the cylinder banks, contributing to a shorter and more compact engine design.
- Quiet and reliable shaft-drive system is virtually maintenance-free.
- Rigid aluminum upper triple clamp and a 45mm Honda Multi-Action System (HMAS) cartridge front fork provide excellent suspension control in a wide range of riding conditions.
- The rear suspension incorporates a single shock, which mounts directly on the swingarm. The shock offers 1.2 inches of spring preload adjustability.
- Combined Braking System (CBS).
- ABS model combines with CBS for a wide range of braking conditions.
Honda Genuine Accessories*
- Touring Accessories: Removable Saddlebag Liner Set, Saddlebag Scuff-Pad Set, Knee-Pad Set, Fairing Air-Deflector Set, Tank Pad, Heated Grips
- Additional Accessories: 12-Volt DC Accessory Socket Set, Cycle Cover* WARRANTY: Because we’re so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Genuine accessories, we’re pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.