Powersports / Motorcycles / Sport
2013 Honda CBR1000RR - Features and Benefits
Finding the sweet spot in Superbike design means attaining that perfect balance between power and handling—a balance point that allows the bike to function as an integrated, complete package for superior feel and performance. And that's exactly what the Honda CBR1000RR brings to the table. Credit the race-proven 999cc engine that smoothly pumps out huge midrange power and torque for class-leading real-world muscle. And the lightweight aluminum frame is equipped with a modern-design Big Piston Fork and Honda's Unit Pro-Link® rear suspension system that features a patented Balance-Free Rear Shock—all to sharpen the CBR1000RR's renowned ultra-responsive middleweight-style handling. The aggressive bodywork isn't there just for good looks; it's also been designed and tested to provide the correct aerodynamic flow that aids high-speed handling. In short, the CBR1000RR simply defines the pure essence of all that a liter-class sportbike should be.
New for 2013
- Standard model available in Red, Repsol Edition or White/Blue/Red. C-ABS model available in Black.
- MotoGP-derived Honda Electronic Steering Damper (HESD).
- Patented slipper clutch features cam mechanism to reduce clutch-lever pull.
- Centrally located fuel tank increases mass centralization for a more compact frame design.
- Iconic Honda Wing tank badge.
- Lightweight aluminum sidestand.
- High-tech instrument display also features tachometer and LCD readouts for speedometer, coolant temperature, odometer/A&B tripmeters, clock, mpg, average fuel consumption and reserve fuel used. A low-fuel LED light and shift-indicator light are located above the LCD.
- Line-beam headlight features two-piece reflector design utilizing two H7 bulbs for optimum light distribution and unique compact design.
- LED taillights for lighter weight and improved appearance.
- Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Compact, liquid-cooled DOHC 16-valve 999cc four-stroke inline-four-cylinder engine features bore and stroke dimensions of 76.0mm x 55.1mm.
- Removable cylinder block with Nikasil-coated cylinders.
- Sixteen-valve cylinder head features 30.5mm intake and 24mm exhaust valves with a 12.3:1 compression ratio for efficient combustion and high horsepower.
- Titanium intake valves create a lighter valve train and feature double-spring design for optimum performance at high rpm.
- Direct shim-under-bucket valve actuation system ensures high-rpm durability and allows 16,000-mile valve maintenance intervals.
- Programmed Dual Stage Fuel Injection (PGM-DSFI).
- 46mm throttle bodies feature Denso injectors with lightweight valving for faster reaction time and 12 holes per injector to optimize mixture atomization, combustion efficiency and power.
- Idle Air Control Valve (IACV) minimizes torque reaction and smooths response to small throttle changes through gradual reductions of air and fuel intake when the throttle is opened and closed.
- Ignition Interrupt Control system works with IACV and PGM-FI mapping to enhance rideability.
- MotoGP-derived twin-tunnel ram-air system allows a high volume of cool air to the 9.7-liter airbox for linear power delivery and incredible engine performance.
- Compact, low-mount exhaust system design reduces rear bodywork size and incorporates exhaust valve and catalyst, contributing to significantly improved mass centralization and reducing roll and yaw inertia.
- Patented slipper-clutch design uses a center cam-assist mechanism for easier actuation. Unlike an ordinary slipper clutch where the pressure plate moves from side to side, the Honda clutch moves both the center cam assist and the pressure plate to provide additional slipper effect.
- Lightweight four-piece Fine Die-Cast twin-spar aluminum frame utilizes latest MotoGP technology.
- MotoGP-derived, next-generation Honda Electronic Steering Damper (HESD).
- 43mm fork incorporates Showa's latest Big Piston Fork technology with a larger damping volume to effectively reduce the hydraulic pressure generated as the fork legs compress and extend. The result is more precise action during the initial stroke and smoother damping action, for improved handling, enhanced front-end feedback and a more solid feel during hard braking.
- Exclusive, MotoGP-derived Unit Pro-Link rear suspension features a patented Balance-Free Rear Shock from Showa that incorporates a unique double-tube design featuring a damper case plus an internal cylinder for more responsive damping and a smoother, better-controlled damping action.
- Radial-mounted monoblock four-piston front calipers feature chromium-plated aluminum pistons and squeeze lightweight 320mm floating discs in front and a 220mm rear disc with a single-piston caliper for exceptional stopping power.
- CBR1000RR optional ABS features Honda's Electronic Combined ABS. This Electronic Control Module (ECM), hydraulically actuated system provides braking-force distribution to both wheels. ABS is controlled by a hydroelectronic unit and stroke simulator to ensure precise operation and feel. Benefits include consistent lever pressure without the pulsing often associated with ABS systems. Application of rear brake does not result in immediate front brake activation unless lock-up is sensed, allowing an experienced rider to use rear brake in a normal manner during spirited riding. Combined ABS components are smaller and lighter than conventional hydraulic ABS designs, and have been located nearer to the center of the machine, enhancing mass centralization and reducing unsprung weight.
- 12-spoke cast aluminum wheels provide more consistent rigidity and combine with the suspension to offer great feedback for the rider.
- Aerodynamic layered fairing design creates a large pocket of calm air around the rider to improve comfort while also helping draw air through the cooling system. An integrated chin spoiler in the nose also reduces aerodynamic lift to improve handling.
- Multi-function LCD instruments communicate all important information plus the option of four readout modes for tachometer display, lap timer, five-level shift indicator, gear position indicator and more.
- Optimum fuel injection settings give the CBR1000RR a remarkably linear response, particularly at smaller throttle openings.
Honda Genuine Accessories†
- Color-Matched Passenger Seat Cowl, Carbon Fiber-Look License Plate Frame, Carbon Fiber-Look Tank Trim, Carbon Fiber-Look Fuel Lid Cover, Carbon Fiber-Look Rear Cowl, Energy Seat, Rear Tire Hugger
† WARRANTY: Because we're so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Genuine accessories, we're pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.