Powersports / Motorcycles / Standard / 919
2006 Honda 919- Features
09/07/2005 - Torrance, Calif.
The 919 is performance motorcycling with its sleeves rolled up, a pared-down, lightweight package ready for any kind of riding you like.
Features & Benefits
New for 2006
- Exciting new Candy Red color.
- Muscular 919cc open-class engine--inspired by the legendary CBR®900RR--pounds out impressive torque and surprising top-end horsepower.
- A feathery, 428-pound dry weight makes the 919 the lightest bike in its class.
- The comfortable, upright seating position is ideal for commuting, sport riding and long trips.
- Honda's latest programmed fuel injection (PGM-FI) and electronic digital ignition maximize power output and offer immediate throttle response.
- Stylish, dual center-up exhausts exit below the rear cowl.
- Massive square-tube mono-backbone frame and a large aluminum swingarm combine to provide an ideal balance of rigidity and flexibility for superb road feel.
- 43mm adjustable cartridge front fork, single-shock rear suspension and lightweight cast aluminum three-spoke wheels contribute to exceptional handling.
- Compact 919cc DOHC liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder engine is tuned for low-end and mid-range power for spirited acceleration.
- One-piece upper crankcase/cylinder assembly, right-side cam-drive design and a narrow, 32 degree included valve angle help make the 919 engine the lightest, most compact powerplant in its class.
- Sixteen-valve cylinder head with a 10.8:1 compression ratio promotes efficient combustion and high horsepower production.
- Direct shim-under-bucket valve actuation system is compact, ensures high-rpm durability and allows 16,000-mile valve maintenance intervals.
- High-pressure programmed fuel injection (PGM-FI) delivers fuel at 50 psi to four injectors, each mounted in a 36mm throttle body. Fuel is delivered through four laser-drilled nozzle holes in each injector, producing a highly atomized air/fuel charge for maximum combustion efficiency and power.
- Advanced programmed fuel injection (PGM-FI) features a sophisticated throttle sensor and advanced fuel-injection mapping to produce smooth and linear throttle response, responding precisely to fine throttle adjustments.
- 16-bit electronic control unit (ECU) provides two digital 3-D fuel injection maps for each cylinder and one digital 3-D ignition map for cylinder pairs, creating ideal fuel mixture and spark advance settings for superb rideability.
- Liquid-cooled oil cooler and a lightweight aluminum radiator keep engine temperatures in check for consistent performance and long engine life.
- Spring-loaded scissors-type gear on the drive side of the crankshaft and a rubber-mounted, floating clutch-cover help reduce noise.
- Weight-saving features include a compact, lightweight one-piece alternator.
- Unique four-into-two-into-one-into-two exhaust design features expanding-diameter tubing leading into the two center-up mufflers, contributing to strong mid-range torque and an exhilarating exhaust note. Stainless steel exhaust header and main pipe are attractive and corrosion-resistant. Polished stainless steel muffler-covers shield passenger's legs from muffler heat.
- High-capacity, 380-watt AC generator.
- Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioner.
- Smooth-shifting six-speed transmission with gear ratios carefully matched to the engine's powerband.
- Durable #530 O-ring-sealed drive chain.
- Massive square-tube mono-backbone steel frame utilizes the engine as a stressed frame member. Together with the reinforced steering head, the chassis provides an optimal balance of rigidity and tuned flex for superb handling.
- A single box-section downtube reaches down to a unique front engine-mount that incorporates a cross-member to link the frame to the engine's solid front mounts.
- Lightweight aluminum swingarm features a large one-piece cast pivot block and extruded triple-box-section spars.
- 43mm cartridge front fork with adjustable preload with compression damping and 4.3 inches of travel offers unparalleled rigidity for precise action and excellent handling on a variety of road surfaces.
- Lightweight aluminum upper triple-clamp adds rigidity for even better steering control.
- Single-shock rear suspension features a high-quality damper with seven-position-adjustable spring preload, 5.0 inches of plush wheel travel and a remote fluid-reservoir for added suspension control in all riding conditions.
- Braking system features two huge, 296mm front discs with four-piston calipers and a 240mm rear disc with a single-piston caliper for exceptional stopping power.
- Aluminum-alloy super-light, hollow three-spoke wheels with 3.5 x 17-inch
front and 5.5 x 17-inch rear dimensions.
- Wide, durable vinyl-covered seat with thick foam padding provides plush comfort for commuting and two-up day trips.
- A stylish hugger-type rear fender closely follows the curve of the rear tire.
- Valve, ignition, and clutch covers are black.
- Gold colored front and rear brake calipers.
- Instrumentation includes a clock, digital odometer with two tripmeters, black face analog speedometer, tachometer, water temperature with white numerals, indicator lights for neutral, FI (fuel injection), oil pressure, low fuel and high beam.
- 5-gallon fuel tank is hinged for servicing ease.
- Aviation-style fuel cap.
- Engine-mounted manual fuel enricher provides smooth idling speed for cold engine starts.
- A bank-angle sensor shuts off fuel supply to the PGM-FI system if the motorcycle tips over, but is unaffected by bumps and vibration during normal operation.
- A large multi-reflector headlight with a twin-filament H4 low/high beam provides superb roadway illumination.
- Maintenance-free battery is lightweight with sufficient starting capacity for all riding seasons.
- Rugged plastic chip-guards on top of the fork sliders protect the front suspension from flying debris.
- Aluminum passenger grabrail.
- Convenient ignition switch/fork lock for added security.
- Handlebar switches and controls use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols
- Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Ownership includes one-year complimentary membership for an individual in the Honda Rider's Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include: discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance, one year of Honda Red Rider™ magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse Web site (www.hrca.honda.com) and access online to Honda Common Service Manual. For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA. For dealers only, please call (310) 783-3958.
- Sport Shield.
- Center Stand (Not available for CA models).