As a proven favorite, the Shadow® Aero® serves as a most satisfying ride for a wide range of enthusiasts. Factor in the Shadow Aero’s classic retro styling, low seat height, power-packed V-twin engine now with sophisticated Programmed Fuel Injection and fine handling—all at a price that’s just right for today’s budgets—and you have the makings of a winner.
New for 2012
- Pearl Black/Silver color joins Candy Dark Red.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) for good throttle response and fuel efficiency.
- Chrome highlights include cylinder-head cover, air-cleaner cover, left and right engine sidecovers, brake and clutch lever brackets, rear brake pedal, shift lever, swingarm pivot cap, ignition switch cover, handlebar, rear shock covers and headlight.
- Classically styled fenders.
- Speedometer is set into the front of the fuel tank for classic retro styling.
- Broad, low-slung solo seat with detachable passenger seat.
- Stylish 3.7-gallon fuel tank.
- Large, custom-styled taillight and attractive retro-styled turn-signal indicators.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- 745cc liquid-cooled V-twin engine produces impressive power over a broad rpm range.
- Three-Valve Dual-Plug Combustion Chamber.
- Wide-ratio five-speed transmission.
- Sturdy and responsive 41mm front fork features large-diameter chrome-steel shrouds and large billet-aluminum triple-clamp for a distinctive retro look. Delivers confident, neutral handling control and plush 4.6-inch wheel travel.
- Dual-shock rear suspension features five-position spring preload adjustability and eye-catching chrome covers, while offering 3.5 inches of wheel travel for a smooth, well-controlled ride.
- Single front disc brake with twin-piston caliper grips a 296mm drilled rotor between sintered metal pads. Rear brake features a 180mm drum.
- Shaft final-drive system provides smooth, low-maintenance operation.
Honda Genuine Accessories†
- Chrome Windscreen, Chrome Lightbar, Replacement Light Bulb, Replacement Light Assembly, Chrome Spotlight Visors, Chrome Backrest, Tall Chrome Backrest Trim, Low Chrome Backrest Trim, Chrome Rear Carrier, Chrome Solo Rider Rear Carrier, Chrome Backrest/Rear Carrier Mounting Brackets, License Plate Frames, Chrome Billet Master Cylinder Caps, Chrome Master Cylinder Cap, Chrome Swingarm Pivot Cover Set, Chrome Front Fender Guard Rail, Chrome Front Fender Trim, Chrome Rear Fender Guard Rail, Chrome Rear Fender Trim, Chrome Rear Fender Tip, Chrome Front Fender Tip, Chrome Seat Trim Rail, Chrome Radiator Guard, Chrome Driveshaft Cover, Digital Audio System, Digital Audio Attachment Kit, Leather Saddlebags, Synthetic Leather Saddlebags, Leather Front Pouch, Leather Tank Belt, Replacement Buckle, Saddlebag Mounting Brackets, Leather Touring Bag, Heated Grips, Chrome Allen Bolt Inserts, Chrome Saddlebag Supports, Saddlebag Liner Set, Cycle Cover
† WARRANTY: Because we’re so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Genuine accessories, we’re pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.
Engine Type: 745cc liquid-cooled 52° V-twin
Bore and Stroke: 79mm x 76mm
Compression ratio: 9.6:1
Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
Induction: PGM-FI with automatic enrichment, one 34mm throttle body
Ignition: Digital with 3-D mapping, two spark plugs per cylinder
Transmission: Wide-ratio five-speed
Final Drive: Shaft
Front: 41mm fork; 4.6 inches travel
Rear: Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 3.5 inches travel
Front: Single 296mm disc with twin-piston caliper
Rear: 180mm drum
Wheelbase: 64.6 inches
Rake (Caster angle): 34.0°
Trail: 161.0mm (6.3 inches)
Seat Height: 25.9 inches
Fuel Capacity: 3.7 gallons, including 0.9-gallon reserve
Estimated Fuel Economy**: 56 mpg
Color: Candy Dark Red, Pearl Black/Silver
Curb Weight*: 560 pounds
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride.
**Honda’s fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride; how you maintain your vehicle; weather; road conditions; tire pressure; installation of accessories; cargo, rider and passenger weight; and other factors.
Meets current EPA standards.
Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
©2012 American Honda Motor Co., Inc. All rights reserved.