With the 2013 CRF450R, Honda elevates the level of performance for 450-class motocross machines. This brand-new machine features a rolling chassis fully focused on meeting the needs of today's "scrub generation" of riders by integrating an all-new aluminum frame along with an innovative suspension package, plus a strategically engineered short dual-muffler exhaust system that tucks in closely to the center of mass. Designed from the get-go as a total package that would be eminently flickable, responsive and lightweight, every element in the 2013 CRF450R chassis has been focused on attaining a low center of gravity along with class-leading mass centralization. The new-concept KYB PSF® (Pneumatic Spring Fork) is significantly lighter since both main springs have been removed and it allows incorporation of a larger, more sophisticated 32mm cartridge damper piston that resets traditional thinking for front suspension performance. That's matched with a new single-shock Pro-Link® rear suspension, plus a revised engine that churns out an awe-inspiring hit in the low-end and midrange along with massive top-end power. There's also a new six-spring clutch, a stouter transmission and much, much more. Bottom line: The 450 motocross machine that has become the ride of choice for many top-level AMA Pro riders now grows even stronger for 2013.
New for 2013
- All-new aluminum frame and swingarm.
- All-new lighter subframe and airbox.
- All-new air fork—KYB PSF® (Pneumatic Spring Fork).
- All-new rear shock with updated settings.
- All-new short and compact dual-muffler exhaust system.
- Bold new styling features an aggressive look.
- Improved footpeg mount features a patented debris-shielding design.
- All-new front and rear disc rotor covers.
- All-new MX51FA 80/100-21 front tire.
- Increased fuel capacity from 1.50 gallons to 1.66 gallons.
- Updated Unicam® engine.
- All-new piston with increased compression ratio (from 12.0:1 to 12.5:1).
- New two-hole oil jet adds extra cooling to the piston's underside.
- Cylinder head with revised porting and larger exhaust valves (from 30mm to 31mm).
- Revised cam timing.
- All-new six-spring clutch and updated transmission.
- All-new radiators are mounted lower in the chassis.
- Revised fuel injection and ignition settings.
Honda Genuine Accessories†
- HRC PGM-FI Tuning Kit, Red Billet Engine Cap, Skidplate, Work Stand
† WARRANTY: Because we're so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Genuine accessories, we're pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.