Powersports / Motorcycles
2014 Honda Interceptor Features and Benefits
Honda's iconic V-4 powerplants have an alluring character all their own, a unique combination of torque, an aggressive rush of power as the tach needle swings up into the meaty part of the powerband, and a certain texture to the engine feel that tells you this could only be a Honda V-4. The new Interceptor® has all of that and more, including a chassis with that special Honda blend of agility and comfort that strikes an ideal balance for all-day rides on your favorite twisting roads. A stout single-side swingarm and radial-mounted front brakes make sport riding especially fun, and a front-mounted radiator gives the Interceptor a slim profile. To ensure long-term comfort, the Interceptor has upright, neutral ergonomics as well as an adjustable seat. This is a sport bike with plenty of emphasis on sport, plus the versatility for commuting, two-up fun rides and long-haul sport touring. The Deluxe model adds ABS, Traction Control, grip heaters, self-canceling turn signals, and a centerstand for riders wanting even more features.
Features and Benefits
- Honda-exclusive VTEC engine combines the power characteristics of both two- and four-valve cylinder-head designs. The engine runs on two valves per cylinder at lower engine speeds, then switches to four valves per cylinder in a seamless transition as revs build. This results in stronger low-end and mid-range horsepower and torque while maintaining impressive high-rpm power.
- Honda Pro-Arm® rear suspension system uses a new single-side swingarm to help produce excellent suspension action.
- Large-diameter 43mm fork offers spring preload for added versatility.
- Triple-box-section twin-spar aluminum frame features a tuned, pivotless design that isolates the engine-mounted swingarm from the frame for excellent sport performance and ride comfort.
- Radial-mount front brakes deliver cutting-edge stopping action.
- Riding position is more upright for greater long-range comfort.
- Seat can be adjusted for a seat height varying from 31.0 inches to 31.8 inches.
- Single-muffler exhaust system gives a new look while also saving a significant amount of weight.
- 10-spoke wheels add function and style.
- Curb weight of 527 pounds for lightweight feel.
- Meter package features a digital speedometer and tachometer, gear position indicator, MPG readout, ambient air temperature gauge and clock.
- LED taillight and headlight with accent lights provide excellent visibility and a distinctive touch.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
Interceptor Deluxe includes all standard features plus:
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) for added stopping confidence in varying road and weather conditions.
- Traction Control limits rear-wheel slippage during hard acceleration or during acceleration on low-traction road surfaces.
- 43mm fork includes both spring preload and rebound damping adjustability for a higher level of sport performance.
- Electronic self-canceling turn signals monitor speed, distance and time parameters for more accurate functioning.
- Grip heaters.
Honda Genuine Accessories†
Heated Grips, Centerstand, Color-Matched Saddlebags, Saddlebag liners, Color-Matched Rear Trunk, Rear Trunk Inner Bag, Quick Shifter, Handlebar Riser, Hugger, 12-Volt Socket, Rear Carrier, Tank Pad, Backrest. (Heated Grips and Centerstand are included on Deluxe model.)
† WARRANTY: Because we're so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Genuine Accessories, we're pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.
Final accessory list TBD and subject to change without notice.