Powersports / Press Kits
2012 Honda FourTrax Foreman 4x4 ES/FourTrax Foreman 4x4 ES with Electric Power Steering Features and Benefits
Over the years, the FourTrax® Foreman® series of 4x4 ATVs have proven themselves to be hard-working partners that also know more than a thing or two about recreation. For 2012, the Foreman line of ATVs boasts a brand-new liquid-cooled 475cc single-cylinder OHV four-stroke engine that's powerful enough for taking on those extra-tough jobs. The addition of a fuel injection system with 36mm throttle body for near instant throttle response, consistent performance at high altitude, and hassle-free cold-weather starting adds to the Foreman's performance package. New rugged and tough-looking bodywork adorn the rolling chassis that has been re-engineered as well, featuring an all-new rear suspension system incorporating a high-quality shock for increased comfort, precision and work capabilities, plus a shorter wheelbase for agile handling and a tighter turning radius. Add to that Honda's renowned Electric Shift Program (ESP®) that delivers push-button convenience for shifting, plus the option of Electric Power Steering (EPS), and you've got one of the strongest, hardest-working rides available today.
New for 2012
- All-new liquid-cooled 475cc single-cylinder OHV four-stroke engine with a higher compression ratio delivers plenty of hard-working power.
- New Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) system features a 36mm throttle body and provides near instant throttle response, consistent performance at high altitude, and hassle-free cold-weather starting.
- All-new rear suspension system combines a new steel swingarm design with a high-quality rear shock absorber to produce 6.9 inches of supple, well-controlled travel.
- New, larger 196mm dual front hydraulic disc brakes.
- New multi-function LCD digital meter is compact, tough and waterproof, and features large readouts for fuel gauge, gear position, speedometer, odometer, tripmeter, hourmeter and oil change reminder. Meter housing includes LED lights for Reverse, Neutral, oil temperature and front differential indicator.
- New body styling with a tough, rugged and more aggressive look featuring large oversized fenders front and rear for exceptional mud and splash protection.
- Revolutionary Electric Power Steering (EPS).
- Electric Shift Program (ESP) provides the convenience of push-button shifting.
- TraxLok® selectable 2WD/4WD system.
- Large cargo racks front and rear allow payloads of 66 and 133 pounds respectively, and feature an improved design for easier lashing of cargo.
- Heavy-duty trailer hitch with towing capacity of 850 pounds.
- Unique, rear-opening storage compartment allows access when rack is loaded.
- Waterproof accessory socket provides 12-volt, 10-amp power with a built-in fuse.
- Water-resistant left-side glove-box compartment.
- Triple headlight system with single 45-watt upper light and dual 30-watt lower lights with multi-reflector lenses for optimal light distribution plus an LED brake light/taillight.
- Uniquely designed floorboards allow the rider's feet to grip the footrests while keeping mud and debris away.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Liquid-cooled 475cc single-cylinder OHV four-stroke engine is longitudinally mounted in the frame allowing direct driveshaft alignment to front and rear wheels for improved drivetrain efficiency.
- USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler is constructed of stainless steel.
- Super-heavy-duty automatic clutch for excellent driveability and towing capacity.
- Convenient five-speed transmission with Reverse.
- Maintenance-free shaft drive with torque-sensing front differential routes power directly from the longitudinally mounted engine without inefficient directional changes.
- Powerful 416-watt AC generator.
- New pre-filled GYZ16H 16-Ah battery.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension uses new, high-quality shock absorbers to provide 6.7 inches of travel while a new steel swingarm design produces 6.9 inches of rear wheel travel.
- Large 196mm dual front hydraulic disc brakes and sealed 180mm mechanical rear drum.
- Dual front disc-brake calipers feature a patented built-in scraper system to remove mud and snow from inside the front wheel to help prevent buildup between caliper and rim to ensure consistent braking performance.
- Brake pads feature thick, long-wear material with improved mud durability, feel and control. Pads have an internal scraper that gives audible warning when pad life is low.
Honda Genuine Accessories*
- Winch Kit, Cargo Boxes (Front/Rear), Soft Rack Bags (Front/Rear), Fender Bag, Frame Skid Plate, Front A-Arm Guards, Rear Swingarm Guard, Auxiliary Light Interupt Switch, Recoil Stater Kit, Storage Cover
*WARRANTY: Because we're so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Genuine accessories, we're pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.