Powersports / PWC / 3 Passenger / F-12 / Features
2007 Honda AquaTrax F-12X/F-12 Features
09/06/2006 - Torrance, Calif.
At the forefront of the personal-watercraft market, the AquaTrax F-12X and F-12 represent the cutting edge of four-stroke performance.Email a Friend
Features & Benefits
New for 2007 AquaTrax F-12X
- Black Hull with Candy Orange Upper Deck.
n Black Hull with Metallic Blue Upper Deck.
- New for 2007 AquaTrax F-12
- White Hull with Candy Black Cherry Upper Deck.
- White Hull with Metallic Blue Upper Deck.
Unique AquaTrax F-12X Features
- Class-leading performance is provided by a water-cooled IHI turbocharger with water-cooled intercooler. The AquaTrax® F-12X turbocharger produces a maximum boost of 13 psi to generate 32 percent more power than a normally aspirated engine. The turbine bearing is an enclosed, ceramic-ball design that withstands sustained high-rpm compressor operation while providing nearly vibration- and friction-free performance. Water-cooling of the turbocharger housing maintains optimum turbine operating efficiency, while the water-cooled intercooler ensures a denser intake charge to provide maximum power and combustion efficiency. An electronic control unit (ECU) monitors boost pressure, engine speed, cylinder-head temperature and an engine knock sensor to manage an electronic wastegate valve that controls turbocharger boost, protecting vital engine components and maintaining long engine life.
- Forged pistons and connecting rods are designed to withstand the rigors of turbocharging. The top piston-ring land is anodized, and a chrome-plated top ring further enhances durability.
- Unique gear-driven dual engine-balancer system virtually eliminates high-frequency engine vibration.
- Engine-cooling water circulates through the turbocharger housing to enhance compressor life.
- Chrome 3-D turbo emblem.
- Black Hull distinguishes Turbo model.
Unique AquaTrax F-12 Features
- High-revving engine produces peak horsepower at 7750 rpm.
- Intake and exhaust cams designed for maximum power across the entire rpm range.
- ACG is light weight for improved driveability and quicker throttle response.
- Honda-designed Solas 147mm jet pump is matched to the improved power characteristics of the engine for optimum driveability.
- Impeller features polished leading edges for improved durability at increased engine speeds.
- White Hull distinguishes non-Turbo models.
AquaTrax F-12/F-12X Features
- Purpose-built, marine-duty 1235cc liquid-cooled fuel-injected inline four-cylinder four-stroke engine delivers amazing power across a broad rpm range. The inherently efficient, low-emissions four-stroke design consumes less fuel than a comparable two-stroke engine and meets all current CARB and EPA emissions standards.
- Engine power and pump characteristics are carefully matched for maximum performance without the use of power-robbing gear-reduction systems, moving the AquaTrax F-12 and F-12X to planing speed more rapidly than a conventional two-stroke watercraft--ideal for one, two- or three-person cruising, sport riding, skiing and wakeboarding.
- Honda Ignition Control System (ICS) protects the engine from abnormal operating conditions.
- An ECU-controlled off-throttle steering system (OTS) is provided to help the AquaTrax turn in certain conditions when the handlebars are turned and the throttle is closed.
- Unique AquaTrax hull design combines excellent handling performance with exciting maneuverability.
- Electronic keyless ignition system prevents unauthorized use.
- The AquaTrax's selectable Limit Mode restricts maximum speed for first-time and inexperienced users.
- Excellent storage with 25.6 gallons of usable capacity.
- Lightweight 1235cc liquid-cooled DOHC 16-valve dry-sump four-cylinder engine with one-piece upper-crankcase/cylinder block is engineered to withstand the rigors of marine duty.
- Side-mounted cam chain and ultra-narrow cylinder-sleeve spacing reduce engine size and weight.
- Crankshaft main bearings feature a micro-grooved bearing surface to improve oil retention and bearing durability as lateral loading occurs throughout a broad range of operating conditions.
- DOHC-actuated valves use a simple, lightweight and direct cam-over-bucket design.
- Four-valve cylinder-head design with a narrow 30-degree included valve angle creates a compact combustion chamber for optimum efficiency and power output at all rpm levels.
- Silent-type cam chain reduces engine noise, while an automatic chain tensioner virtually eliminates maintenance.
- Oil jets located on the crankcase main-journal castings continually cool piston undersides, ensuring consistent operating temperatures and even better engine life under maximum power.
- Air-intake system features an intake port mounted centrally in the hull and a labyrinth airbox construction with paper air filter. Together they keep water out of the engine during normal operation and if the craft is accidentally overturned.
- High-pressure programmed fuel injection (PGM-FI) delivers fuel at 43 psi to four injectors, each mounted in a 38mm throttle body. Fuel is delivered through four laser-drilled nozzle holes in each injector, producing a highly combustible air/fuel charge for maximum combustion efficiency and power.
- PGM-FI setting result in increased cruising range and less fuel consumption.
- The ECU provides two digital 3-D fuel-injection maps for each cylinder, creating the ideal fuel mixture and spark advance settings. A sophisticated throttle sensor and advanced fuel-injection mapping combine to produce smooth and linear throttle response, responding precisely to minor throttle adjustments.
- A fast-idle system uses an electric stepping motor to maintain a stable idle speed when the engine is cold. An automatic fuel-enriching system is integrated into the PGM-FI module, eliminating the need for a manual choke.
- Four waterproof, transistorized direct-ignition coils integrate the spark plug cap and the high-tension lead to produce a high-voltage, long-duration spark, providing maximum performance at high engine-output levels.
- Iridium-tip spark plugs produce maximum spark performance and minimal carbon build-up for consistent engine operation and long spark plug life.
- Powerful, compact, oil-cooled alternator contributes to the engine's lightweight design.
- Oil pump is driven by the alternator, further contributing to the engine's lightweight design.
- Stainless-steel oil cooler for lower operating temperatures and corrosion resistance.
- Engine cooling system allows water from the jet pump to circulate through two separate circuits to cool the engine and exhaust manifold, ensuring consistent operating temperatures for each system.
- Unique three-way coolant coupler and specially designed discharge outlet reduce engine coolant flow during idling and low-speed operation to prevent over-cooling, ensuring smooth operation and low emissions. A one-way valve permits simplified coolant-system flushing.
- Dry-sump engine incorporates an oil reservoir mounted adjacent to the cylinder bank. The tank shape and location, together with a specially designed internal multibaffle system, optimize engine lubrication under a wide variety of marine operating conditions.
- A specially designed crankcase breather system featuring three breather chambers prevents oil from flowing out of the engine or clogging the breather system if the hull is accidentally overturned.
- Water-cooled cast-aluminum exhaust manifold reduces exhaust noise.
- Exhaust is equipped with a backfire flame arrester.
- Crankshaft output end is directly coupled to the jet pump drive via a rubber damper, providing shock-free, efficient power transfer while minimizing lateral crankshaft load forces.
- Unique Honda-designed Solas jet pumps with three-blade impellers are matched to the F-12's and F-12X's four-stroke power characteristics. This proprietary Honda impeller design minimizes pump cavitation, resulting in quiet pump operation and extended impeller life.
- Pump servicing features include easy-to-disassemble pump, driveshaft and driven coupling, and an easily accessible driveshaft-bearing grease fitting.
- Unique AquaTrax hull design provides excellent overall stability and exceptional low- and high-speed turning performance without sacrificing the ability to perform low-speed maneuvers.
- Dry-sump design allows the engine to be mounted low in the hull, resulting in a very low center of gravity that contributes to the AquaTrax's exceptional handling performance.
- Raised hull design aids in docking and provides excellent splash protection.
- Sponson design further contributes to the AquaTrax's low-speed maneuverability and high-speed stability.
- Strong, lightweight fiberglass-reinforced plastic (FRP) hull and deck are joined and permanently sealed at the gunwale, providing the AquaTrax with a distinctive and attractive profile.
- The liner-type FRP inner hull increases hull rigidity more than 200 percent compared to a single-hull design.
- The AquaTrax hull is designed to be a stable platform for mounting from deep water and to be easily uprighted in case of accidental overturns.
- Footwell areas have an anti\slip surface to provide sure-footed comfort when mounting, operating and dismounting the AquaTrax.
- Forward-located, large-capacity 16.6-gallon polyethylene fuel tank is attached to the hull with rubber-cushioned hold-down straps. A two-way valve is provided to control internal tank pressure and prevent water incursion or fuel leakage if the AquaTrax hull is accidentally overturned.
- Abundant storage is available in two sealed compartments, with a large 23.1-gallon front storage box located under the front hood and a smaller 2.5-gallon compartment located in front of the rider.
- ICS senses low oil-pressure and/or abnormally high coolant temperatures and acts to limit or shut off engine operation as necessary. If oil pressure drops below the optimum level, the ICS limits engine speed to 3000 rpm. Extremely low oil-pressure stops the engine. If high coolant temperature is detected, a warning light and audible alarm are activated. ICS also shuts off the engine after the AquaTrax hull is accidentally overturned.
- AquaTrax's selectable Limit Mode provides a lower top-speed setting, ideal for beginners, borrowers and rental users. The system displays "Limit Mode" on the multifunction display when activated, and can be reset with push-button controls.
- Electronic keyless ignition system (ID mode) allows operator to select from 999 possible identification numbers to effectively deter unauthorized use.
- Waterproof instruments feature digital LCD for speed (mph), trip distance (miles), travel time (hours and minutes) clock and engine hourmeter; LCD bar graph for engine speed and fuel level; flashing indicator light; and audible alarm for fuel level, battery charge, coolant temperature, oil pressure and fuel injection.
- Self-diagnosing ECU cycles at start-up and operates continuously during operation to provide immediate troubleshooting and warning functions.
- Operational lanyard tethers the ignition button to the operator's wrist or personal flotation device (PFD) and stops the engine if the tether becomes unplugged.
- The fully sealed fuel system is leak-free and vapor-free, eliminating the possibility of water contamination.
- Anticorrosion treatments for die-cast aluminum components include alodine/alumite chromate surface plating with an additional Superlac topcoat for exterior components, and epoxy-resin-based primer applied to coolant-exposed parts before alodine/alumite treatment.
- Extensive use of stainless-steel, chrome-plated and zinc-plated stays and fasteners.
- Waterproof electrical couplers and spark plug/coil caps.
- Rubber engine-mounts feature two-phase damping to simultaneously minimize engine vibration and engine shock when the AquaTrax is traversing rough water.
- Simple and durable mechanical cable steering system directs the jet nozzle's thrust for directional control.
- Hand-operated controls include right-handlebar-mounted trigger-type throttle-control operated by pulling the trigger back to increase engine speed and by releasing the trigger to return engine speed to idle; sealed stop and start buttons on the left handlebar; and a reverse lever faired into the upper-left shelter.
- Durable, paddle-type speed-sensor assembly is flush-mounted on the bottom of the ride plate and provides accurate performance in all riding conditions.
- Handlebars are equipped with a cushioning pad for extended rider comfort.
- Dual, wide-view aerodynamic mirrors are both attractive and functional.
- Seat cushions are made from urethane foam material and covered with UV-resistant marine-grade vinyl to enhance durability and long-term appearance.
- Inserts for boarding step.
- Seat strap for easier reboarding.
- Fire-extinguisher storage is located underneath the rear passenger seat.
- Fully sealed, maintenance-free 18AH battery.
- Stern-mounted trailer tie-down loops provide convenient points for securing the AquaTrax during transport.
- Transferable one-year, limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda PWC by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America® (HRCA®). Benefits include online access to the Honda Common Service Manual, six issues of the bimonthly Honda Red Rider™ magazine, travel discounts and trip routing, plus access to the HRCA Web site (www.hrca.honda.com). For details on the HRCA, dealers should call (310) 783-3958, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time.
- Cover, Boarding Step.