Powersports / Scooters / Metropolitan / Features
2006 Honda Metropolitan Features
With the coolest color schemes you'll ever see, the Metropolitan is hip and fun to ride--not to mention easy to operate and economical to own.
Features & Benefits
New for 2006
- New carb and ECU settings for increased top speed.
- New fuel cap design allows easier removal.
- New speedometer face.
- New Peach Hibiscus, Red Kanji and Blue Ice colors join Salsa and Denim.
- Efficient four-stroke engine consumes substantially less fuel and produces significantly lower exhaust emissions than a comparable two-stroke engine.
- Automatic Honda V-Matic transmission allows speeds up to 40 mph.
- Combined Brake System (CBS) provides excellent stopping power.
- Lightweight, sturdy aluminum chassis is recyclable and contributes to the Metropolitan's maneuverability and excellent fuel economy.
- Lockable underseat compartment offers nearly 22 liters of storage capacity.
- Lockable centerstand deters unauthorized use.
- Lightweight 49cc four-stroke OHC liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine provides ample power for in-town riding.
- Fuel-sipping constant-velocity (CV) carburetor with automatic choke.
- Maintenance-free solid-state ignition system.
- Simple push-button electric starter.
- Starter system utilizes the engine's brushless alternator (ACG) for starting, eliminating the need for a separate starter motor. This simple design requires no maintenance and lowers overall weight for even better fuel economy.
- Solid-state electronic control unit (ECU) provides control for ignition timing, alternator regulator, ACG/starter, electric fuel pump and automatic choke.
- Lightweight, maintenance-free, magnetically driven water pump eliminates the need for mechanical seals.
- Compact engine-mounted radiator has aluminum fins for optimal cooling in all riding conditions.
- Electromagnetic fuel pump is located in the fuel tank under the Metropolitan's floor and contributes to the excellent storage space under the seat.
- Automatic cam-chain tensioner requires virtually no maintenance.
- Ultra-quiet exhaust system.
- Automatic Honda V-Matic belt-drive transmission provides spirited acceleration and requires virtually no maintenance.
- Two-piece die cast aluminum chassis provides an optimum balance of light weight and rigidity for excellent handling.
- Twin-downtube fork front provides 1.9 inches of plush travel for a well-controlled ride.
- Single-side aluminum swingarm with single-shock rear suspension has 2.6 inches of travel for a compliant, comfortable ride.
- Front and rear drum brakes offer predictable, powerful stopping power.
- The Metropolitan's CBS brakes provide added control when slowing or stopping. Rider application of the front brake lever activates the front brake in conventional fashion. Application of the rear brake lever, mounted on the left handlebar, activates the rear brake and the front brake together; when only the rear brake lever is used, a proportioning mechanism gradually applies the front brake.
- High-grip, high-mileage tires.
- Well-padded seat boasts a low, 28.3-inch seat height for added confidence at stops.
- Underseat storage compartment with 22-liter capacity holds groceries or a full-face helmet.
- Instrumentation includes analog speedometer, odometer, analog fuel gauge, and indicator lights for coolant temperature and low/high beam.
- Audible turn-signal indicator.
- Parking brake.
- Key-operated ignition lock has an integrated trunk release switch. By pushing in the key, the rider can easily unlock the spacious storage compartment under the main seat.
- Centerstand locking lever located inside the underseat storage compartment discourages unauthorized use.
- Rear hand grip.
- Helmet holder locks helmet in place under seat.
- Shopping bag holder.
- Twin-filament headlight with 35-watt low/high beam provides ample nighttime illumination.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Handlebar switches and controls use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Ownership includes one-year complimentary membership for an individual in the Honda Rider's Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include: discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance, one year of Honda Red Rider™ magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse Web site (www.hrca.honda.com) and access online to Honda Common Service Manual. For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA. For dealers only, please call (310) 783-3958.
- Rear Carrier.
- Rear Trunk.
- Front Inner Basket.