Powersports / Scooters / Ruckus
2006 Honda Ruckus Features
09/07/2005 - Torrance, Calif.
Looking for cool styling, economical performance and all the convenience features you expect from a Honda scooter? Look no further than the Ruckus™.
Features & Benefits
New for 2006
- White joins Silver Camo.
- - Lightweight 49cc four-stroke OHC liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine provides ample power for in-town riding.
- Fuel-sipping constant-velocity (CV) carburetor with automatic choke.
- Maintenance-free ignition system.
- Simple push-button electric starter.
- Starter system utilizes the engine's brushless alternator (ACG) for starting, eliminating the need for a separate starter motor. This simple design requires no maintenance and lowers overall weight for even better fuel economy.
- Electronic control unit (ECU) provides control for ignition timing, alternator regulator, ACG starter, electric fuel pump and automatic choke.
- Lightweight, maintenance-free, magnetically driven water pump eliminates the need for mechanical seals.
- Compact engine-mounted radiator has aluminum fins for optimal cooling in all riding conditions.
- Electromagnetic fuel pump is located adjacent to the fuel tank under the Ruckus' floor.
- Automatic cam-chain tensioner requires virtually no maintenance.
- Ultra-quiet exhaust system.
- Automatic Honda V-Matic belt-drive transmission provides spirited acceleration and requires virtually no maintenance.
- Two-piece die cast aluminum front frame with upper steel rear frame.
- Twin-downtube-fork front suspension provides 2.2 inches of plush travel for a well-controlled ride.
- Single-side aluminum swingarm with single-shock rear suspension has 2.6 inches of travel for a compliant, comfortable ride.
- Front and rear drum brakes offer predictable, powerful stopping.
- Oversize tires offer a secure grip on the road.
- Well-padded seat boasts a low, 28.9-inch seat height for added confidence at stops.
- Instrumentation includes analog speedometer, odometer, and indicator lights for fuel, coolant temperature and low/high beam. Fuel indicator light comes on with 0.3 gallon remaining.
- Audible turn-signal indicator.
- Parking brake.
- Helmet holder locks helmet in place under seat.
- Backup kickstart lever.
- Dual headlights with two 35-watt bulbs. Low/high beams provide ample nighttime illumination.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Handlebar switches and controls use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Ownership includes one-year complimentary membership for an individual in the Honda Rider's Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include: discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance, one year of Honda Red Rider™ magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse Web site (www.hrca.honda.com) and access online to Honda Common Service Manual. For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA. For dealers only, please call (310) 783-3958.