Powersports / Scooters / Silver Wing / Features
2007 Honda Silver Wing ABS/Silver Wing Features
09/06/2006 - Torrance, Calif.
The innovative Silver Wing® offers aggressive styling, easy operation, luxurious accommodations and outstanding performance.
Features & Benefits
New for 2007
- New Dark Metallic Silver color.
- Compact, fuel-injected 582cc DOHC parallel twin-cylinder engine produces 50 bhp at 7500 rpm and 37 lb./ft. of torque at 6000 rpm for effortless acceleration and freeway cruising.
- Sophisticated Honda V-Matic belt-drive system delivers seamless shifting and ample power at any speed.
- Combined Braking System (CBS) provides excellent braking power for added confidence in a wide range of operating conditions.
- Stunning aerodynamic styling is also functional. The fully integrated bodywork envelops the rider in quiet luxury, with protection from the elements that enhances long-distance touring comfort.
- Cavernous 55-liter underseat storage compartment and beautiful, lightweight aluminum rear spoiler.
- Four-stroke 582cc parallel twin-cylinder engine features DOHC and four valves per cylinder for unequalled engine performance and clean,
- Air injection system, exhaust catalyzer and advanced digital mapping simultaneously reduce emissions of hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide, and oxides of nitrogen.
- Engine's 360-degree crankshaft design employs two primary balancer shafts incorporated into the crankcase. Spinning the same speed as the crankshaft, one balancer is positioned above and forward of the crankshaft, the other positioned below and to the rear. Together, the balancers cancel out primary vibration in both the vertical and longitudinal axes for comfortable cruising.
- A vertically split crankcase eliminates the center journal between the crankshaft outer main bearings and the two connecting rods for a very narrow engine design that contributes to the Silver Wing®'s slim, attractive profile.
- Engine employs lightweight slipper pistons to reduce internal drag for excellent operating efficiency and superb off-throttle engine response.
- Direct shim-under-bucket valve actuation ensures excellent engine performance, trouble-free operation and 16,000-mile valve maintenance intervals.
- Programmed fuel injection (PGM-FI) features compact dual-throat venturis and two laser-drilled, four-hole injectors that produce a highly atomized fuel charge, resulting in quicker, more efficient combustion throughout the powerband.
- Auto-enriching system eliminates the need for a manual choke.
- Spark plugs are positioned directly in the center of the combustion chambers for fast, efficient ignition and combustion.
- Maintenance-free, fully transistorized digital ignition ensures immediate and reliable power.
- Unique ignition timing control is activated by the electronic control unit (ECU) to provide smooth acceleration under abrupt throttle application.
- Automatic cam-chain tensioner virtually eliminates maintenance.
- Large air-intake ports positioned behind the front wheel route the airflow directly over the radiator to enhance engine cooling.
- Compact, liquid-cooled oil cooler mounts to the front of the crankcase and provides a convenient mount for the spin-on oil filter.
- Fan-cooled radiator ensures consistent engine operating temperatures and long engine life. The radiator is located under the seat in front of the frame-mounted engine, maximizing storage-bin capacity.
- Oil-cooled alternator provides trouble-free operation and ample power for the PGM-FI and all electrical necessities.
- Lightweight and quiet stainless-steel exhaust system.
- Honda V-Matic automatic belt-drive system has sophisticated three-stage operation, matching the engine's strong low-end and mid-range power to a wide range of operating conditions. Stage One delivers efficient, quiet power for around-town cruising; Stage Two provides increased power for moderate acceleration; and Stage Three provides maximum power for full acceleration and top speed.
- Durable steel frame is lightweight yet strong, providing an optimum combination of rigidity and flexibility for superb handling for one- and two-up riding.
- Engine crankshaft and swingarm pivot are coaxially aligned to eliminate the engine as an unsprung suspension member, resulting in better mass centralization for excellent handling, stability and rider comfort.
- Stout 41mm hydraulic front fork with 4.7 inches of suspension travel provides a plush, well-controlled ride.
- Dual rear shocks have 4.5 inches of travel and five-position spring preload adjustability for a smooth, comfortable ride. Rearward mounting of the shocks allows a large-capacity underseat storage compartment.
- A hydraulic three-piston caliper and 256mm front disc brake, plus a lightweight, twin-piston caliper and 240mm rear disc brake, offer excellent stopping power.
- The Silver Wing's CBS features a three-piston front caliper and a twin-piston rear caliper. Rider application of the front-brake lever activates the two outer pistons of the front caliper. Application of the rear-brake lever, mounted on the left handlebar, activates the dual pistons of the rear caliper and the center piston of the front caliper. When only the rear-brake lever is used, an inline delay valve smooths application of the front-caliper piston.
- Optionally equipped anti-lock braking system (ABS with CBS) model features an electric-motor-driven modulator that provides rapid and precise braking-pressure adjustments, resulting in smooth ABS operation. The system incorporates an integrated ECU into a simple one-piece design, self-diagnostics with an interactive ECU test function and automatic protection against system failure.
- Stylish three-spoke cast-aluminum wheels are lightweight and strong.
- Large 14-inch 120/80 front tire and 13-inch 150/70 rear tire provide excellent traction.
- Wind-tunnel-developed full-coverage body-work and windscreen are both beautiful and functional, protecting the rider from the
elements while reducing wind noise.
- Maintenance-free electronic rear-wheel speed sensor eliminates the conventional front-wheel speedometer cable, contributing to the beautiful appearance of the Silver Wing.
- Integrated floorboards angle upward in the front for optimum rider foot placement when riding. The floorboards narrow below the seat, which allows the rider to place both feet on the ground easily.
- A large, lockable 55-liter underseat storage compartment can accommodate a briefcase or two full-face helmets. A convenience lamp illuminates the compartment in low-light conditions. A lockable 6-liter left-front storage compartment is joined by an additional 1.5-liter right-side storage compartment.
- Multi-reflector headlight incorporates a wide-dimension low beam located directly above the high beam in a compact V-shape for optimal lighting.
- Air ducts located above and on either side of the headlight provide smooth airflow for both operator and passenger.
- Wide-and-low padded seat has an adjustable five-position rider backrest that adjusts over a 2-inch range. The long, wide passenger seat is very comfortable for all-day two-up riding. The locking seat opens to the front and is held open by a hydraulic damper, allowing easy loading of the storage compartment.
- Cast-aluminum footrests fold down, offering the passenger a wide range of foot positions.
- Instrumentation includes an analog speedometer and tachometer, with LCD digital displays for odometer, twin tripmeters, fuel, clock and coolant temperature. Indicator lights display parking brake, fuel injection, V-Belt, high beam, oil pressure and coolant temperature.
- A V-Matic belt-wear indicator senses excessive belt slippage and illuminates a light on the instrument panel.
- Push-button electric starter provides quick, effortless starting.
- Two handlebar-mounted rearview mirrors with stylish housings.
- Large 4.2-gallon fuel tank offers extended cruising range. The fuel door is located behind a locking cover built into the floor tunnel for easy access.
- An easy-to-use cable-operated rear-disc parking brake is engaged by pulling a large handle on the upper-right panel. Pulling the handle again releases the brake.
- Powerful 12-volt electrical system and maintenance-free battery offer superb reliability.
- Ignition switch/steering lock helps keep the Silver Wing secure when parked.
- Sidestand switch allows starting only if the sidestand has been retracted and the rear brake lever is applied.
- Handlebar switches and controls use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include online access to the Honda Common Service Manual, six issues of the bimonthly Honda Red Rider™ magazine, travel discounts, trip routing and MSF reimbursement, plus access to the HRCA Web site (www.hrca.honda.com). Look for the HRCA support team at select off-road events across the country. For details on the HRCA, dealers should call (310) 783-3958,
8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time.