Powersports / Scooters / Silver Wing / Features
2012 Honda Silver Wing Features and Benefits
The Silver Wing® expands the notion of what a scooter can achieve thanks to the unique pairing of a sophisticated liquid-cooled fuel-injected four-stroke 582cc twin-cylinder engine and a fully automatic transmission. That adds up to true street riding credentials along with easy operation, a combination that can take adventuresome riders as far as the open road beckons. In short, the Silver Wing started a riding revolution, one that continues to this day.
- Honda V-Matic automatic belt-drive system has sophisticated three-stage operation for optimum power delivery around town or on the freeway.
- Combined Braking System (CBS) provides excellent braking power for added confidence in a wide range of operating conditions.
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS with CBS).
- Cavernous 55-liter underseat storage compartment and beautiful, lightweight aluminum rear spoiler.
- Instrumentation includes an analog speedometer and tachometer, with LCD digital displays for odometer/A&B tripmeters, fuel, clock and coolant temperature. Indicator lights display parking brake, fuel injection, V-belt, high beam, oil pressure and coolant temperature.
- Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Four-stroke 582cc parallel twin-cylinder engine features DOHC and four valves per cylinder for unequalled engine performance and clean, efficient operation.
- Engine’s 360-degree crankshaft design incorporates two primary balancer shafts into the crankcase to minimize vibration.
- Direct shim-under-bucket valve actuation ensures excellent engine performance, trouble-free operation and 16,000-mile valve maintenance intervals.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI).
- Stout 41mm front fork with 4.2 inches of suspension travel provides a plush, well-controlled ride.
- Dual rear shocks have 4.5 inches of travel and five-position spring preload adjustability for a smooth, comfortable ride.
- A hydraulic three-piston caliper and 276mm front disc brake, plus a lightweight, twin-piston caliper and 240mm rear disc brake offer excellent stopping power.
Honda Genuine Accessories†
- Outdoor Cover
† WARRANTY: Because we’re so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Genuine Accessories, we’re pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.
Model: FSC600A (with ABS)
Engine Type: 582cc liquid-cooled four-stroke parallel-twin
Bore and Stroke: 72mm x 71.5mm
Compression ratio: 10.2:1
Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
Induction: PGM-FI with automatic enricher circuit, four-hole injectors
Ignition: Computer-controlled fully transistorized with electronic advance
Transmission: Automatic V-Matic belt drive
Front: 41mm fork; 4.2 inches travel
Rear: Swingarm with dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 4.5 inches travel
Front: Single 276mm disc with CBS three-piston caliper
Rear: Single 240mm disc with CBS twin-piston caliper
Wheelbase: 63.0 inches
Seat Height: 29.7 inches
Fuel Capacity: 4.2 gallons, including 0.9-gallon reserve
Estimated Fuel Economy**: 46 mpg
Curb Weight*: 551 pounds
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride.
**Honda’s fuel-economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride; how you maintain your vehicle; weather; road conditions; tire pressure; installation of accessories; cargo, rider and passenger weight; and other factors.
Meets current EPA and CARB emissions standards.
©2012 American Honda Motor Co., Inc. All rights reserved.