Powersports / Scooters
2008 Honda Metropolitan Features & Benefits
With the Metropolitan, riders looking for economical transportation and easy-to-operate features can also enjoy a fun and fashionable ride that comes in a variety of styles and colors.
Features & Benefits
New for 2008
- New Ocean, Monza and Gothic colors join Ruby. Monza and Gothic colors include chrome mirrors, a chrome muffler cover, 3-D chrome emblems, black wheels, black belt cover, and two-tone custom seat.
- Efficient four-stroke engine uses substantially less fuel and significantly reduces exhaust emissions over a comparable two-stroke engine.
- Automatic Honda V-Matic transmission allows speeds up to 40 mph.
- Combined Braking System (CBS) provides excellent stopping power (see Technology Section).
- Lightweight and sturdy aluminum chassis contributes to the Metropolitan's maneuverability and excellent fuel economy.
- Lockable underseat compartment provides nearly 22 liters of storage capacity.
- Lockable centerstand deters unauthorized use.
- Lightweight 49cc four-stroke OHC liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine provides ample power for in-town riding.
- Fuel-sipping constant-velocity (CV) carburetor with automatic choke.
- Maintenance-free solid-state CD ignition system.
- Starter system utilizes the engine's brushless alternator (ACG) for starting, eliminating the need for a separate starter motor. This simple design requires no maintenance and further reduces overall weight for even better fuel economy.
- Solid-state ECU provides control for ignition timing, alternator regulator, ACG/starter, electric fuel pump and automatic choke.
- Lightweight, maintenance-free, magnetically driven water pump eliminates the need for mechanical seals.
- Compact engine-mounted radiator has aluminum fins for optimal cooling in all riding conditions.
- Electromagnetic fuel pump is located in the fuel tank under the Metropolitan's floor and contributes to the excellent storage space under the seat.
- Automatic cam-chain tensioner requires virtually no maintenance.
- Ultra-quiet exhaust system.
- Automatic Honda V-Matic belt-drive transmission provides spirited acceleration and requires virtually no maintenance.
- Two-piece, die-cast--aluminum chassis provides an optimum balance of light weight and rigidity for excellent handling.
- Twin-downtube fork provides 1.9 inches of plush travel for a well-controlled ride.
- Single-side aluminum swingarm with single-shock rear suspension has 2.6 inches of travel for a compliant, comfortable ride.
- Front and rear drum brakes offer predictable, powerful stopping power.
- The Metropolitan's CBS brakes provide added control when slowing or stopping. (see Technology Section).
- High-grip, long-lasting tires.
- Well-padded seat boasts a low 28.3-inch seat height for added confidence at stops.
- Underseat storage compartment with 22-liter capacity holds groceries or even a full-face helmet.
- Instrumentation includes analog speedometer, odometer, analog fuel gauge and indicator lights for coolant temperature and low/high beams.
- Audible turn-signal indicator.
- Parking brake.
- Key-operated ignition lock has an integrated trunk-release switch. By pushing in the key, the rider can easily unlock the spacious storage compartment under the main seat.
- Centerstand locking lever located inside the underseat storage compartment discourages unauthorized use.
- Convenient rear hand grip.
- Helmet holder locks helmet in place under the seat.
- Shopping-bag holder.
- Backup kickstarter.
- Twin-filament headlight with 35-watt low/high beam provides ample nighttime illumination.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Fuel-cap design allows easy removal.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda USA-certified unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America® (HRCA®). Visit www.hrca.honda.com for details.
Available Honda Genuine Accessories
- Rear Carrier.
- Rear Trunk.
- Front Inner Basket.