Aggressive styling, loads of performance and renowned Honda reliability all combine to give the TRX400X near-legendary status among the ranks of sport ATVs. Its bulletproof 397cc Radial Four-Valve Combustion Chamber (RFVC) engine has earned its place as one of the all-time great engines by offering both power and durability in spades. Yet sophisticated features such as a five-speed transmission plus Reverse and electric starting bolster the fun part of the equation as well. All in all, the TRX400X delivers the goods for those in search of a performance-packed ATV that also includes Honda's famed excellence of design.
New for 2013
- Bold new graphics.
- The 397cc RFVC engine draws its breath from the same engine that powered the bulletproof XR400R.
- Rugged steel frame with removable subframe for easy maintenance.
- Beautiful one-piece cast-aluminum swingarm offers exceptional rigidity.
- Radial tires for exceptional handling.
- Triple disc brakes provide superb stopping power.
- Aggressive body style complements the all-sport appearance.
- High-performance 397cc dry-sump air-cooled four-stroke single-cylinder engine.
- Radial Four-Valve Combustion Chamber (RFVC) for maximum combustion efficiency and horsepower.
- Camshaft timing developed especially to meet ATV requirements for torque and useable horsepower.
- Gear-driven counterbalancer minimizes engine vibration for smooth operation.
- Dual intake and exhaust ports for maximum engine efficiency in sport operating conditions.
- Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioner.
- Closed-crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
- 38mm carburetor provides light throttle effort, superb air/fuel mixing and driveability. An accelerator pump ensures excellent throttle response for maximum power.
- Stainless-steel dual exhaust header pipes resist corrosion.
- USDA-qualified muffler/spark arrester offers quiet operation and maximum power.
- CD ignition with electronic advance and 9100-rpm engine rev limiter.
- Heavy-duty clutch has 2mm-thick plates designed to stand up to sport-ATV demands.
- High-efficiency oil cooler supplements the large-capacity oil tank for maximum engine cooling.
- Five-speed transmission with Reverse has gears and ratios specifically designed for sport-ATV use.
- Round-tube steel frame with removable subframe is lightweight, durable and very strong.
- One-piece cast-aluminum swingarm for maximum strength, rigidity and durability.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension offers 8.2 inches of travel from twin Showa shock absorbers with five-position adjustable spring preload for superb ride quality over harsh terrain.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension with a fully adjustable large-diameter aluminum-body piggyback Showa shock absorber provides 9.1 inches of travel.
- Triple disc brakes feature excellent stopping power and a weight-saving aluminum rear caliper stay.
- Aluminum Pro-Link components further reduce vehicle weight.
- Lightweight aluminum wheels reduce unsprung weight for even better handling.
- Radial tires with knobby pattern provide superb traction and cornering ability.
- Durable and heavy-duty O-ring-sealed drive chain.
- Easy-to-use eccentric chain adjuster.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina (using domestically and globally sourced parts).
- Convenient pushbutton electric starting.
- Long, narrow seat provides excellent comfort and superb sport riding ergonomics.
- Aggressive styling of front cowl, fuel tank and fenders complements pure-sport design.
- Durable plastic fuel tank.
- Dual 30-watt headlights integrated into front cowl provide distinctive sport style and excellent function.
- LED rear brake light and taillight for high visibility and long life.
- Snorkel-type airbox to avoid contamination from water and dirt.
- Washable, reusable two-stage, large-capacity foam air filter.
- Oil tank features a dipstick for easy maintenance.
- Comfortable dogleg levers; clutch lever has cable adjuster and dust cover.
- High-impact plastic skidplates protect engine cases, rear brake disc and sprocket.
- Rear mudguard with rigid footrests.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Keyed ignition switch offers added security.
- Multifunction handlebar switch assembly is simple to operate.
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Tool kit includes tire-pressure gauge and owner's manual.
- Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
Honda Genuine Accessories†
- Front Bumper (MX type/GNCC type), Frame Skid Plate, Swingarm Skid Plate, A-Arm Guards (front), Nerf Bars, Shock Covers, ATV Trailerable Cover
† WARRANTY: Because we're so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Genuine accessories, we're pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.