2014 Honda CBR650F Features and Benefits
The CBR650F is an all-new, remarkably affordable middleweight sport bike that's built to cover the full range of street riding. The CBR650F strikes a terrific balance between full-on sport bike styling, nimble handling, overall performance, comfort and plenty of versatility—all at a great price. With easily accessible power, the real-world advantages of excellent fuel efficiency and comfortable seating accommodations, the CBR650F is fun to ride anywhere. With stylish looks, a large array of available Honda Genuine Accessories and the option of ABS, the CBR650F will be an instant favorite for a variety of riders.
Features & Benefits
- Sport-oriented ergonomics are also comfortable enough for longer rides.
- 649cc liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder engine features a muscular torque spread through the low- to midrange portions of the powerband, especially below 4000 rpm.
- Tuned especially for strong acceleration from a standing start and strong midrange roll-on throttle response for real-world street-riding performance.
- Low center of gravity (CG), light curb weight, slim cross-section and high-set clip-on handlebars work together to provide lightweight steering feel and responsive handling.
- Full sport bike-style bodywork places the CBR650F squarely in the company of Honda's flagship CBR600RR and CBR1000RR supersport models.
- Available in Red, Candy Blue or Matte Black Metallic.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder engine features Honda's Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) system.
- Dual overhead camshafts actuate four valves per cylinder. This layout allows a high degree of freedom in cylinder head design for optimum performance.
- The camshafts are driven by a silent-type cam chain for reduced engine friction, and the surfaces of the cam-chain pins are treated with vanadium for lower friction and increased toughness.
- The piston pins and connecting rods are treated with a special friction-reducing protective coating for greater durability and efficiency.
- Cylinders are inclined at a 30-degree angle to help lower the center of gravity (CG) for more agile handling.
- The frame incorporates elliptically shaped twin 64mm x 30mm steel spars for tuned flex to deliver excellent sport riding characteristics.
- The engine is incorporated as a stressed member of the frame, an efficient layout for enhanced handling.
- Single-shock rear suspension is actuated directly by the strong yet lightweight aluminum swingarm for 5.0 inches of rear-wheel travel.
- Shock spring preload is adjustable in seven steps to accommodate variations in load and riding conditions.
- Large, 41mm fork with 4.3 inches of travel for a well-controlled yet comfortable ride.
- Lightweight cast-aluminum wheels with 120/70ZR-17 tire in front and 180/55ZR-17 rear for full sport bike capabilities.
- Wave-type dual front 320mm disc brakes and 240mm rear give strong stopping power and lend a stylish touch while also saving unsprung weight.
- Honda's ABS system is available for more confident stopping in challenging conditions.
- Sweeping right-side four-into-one exhaust system is both stylish and functional.
- LCD multi-function digital meter package includes speedometer, tachometer, odometer/A&B tripmeters, fuel gauge and clock. Meter can also display average and instantaneous fuel consumption.
- Underseat utility area adds modest but convenient storage space.
- Advanced LED taillight for brilliant illumination.
Honda Genuine Accessories†
Sportscreen, Passenger Seat Cowl (color matched), Rear Tire Hugger, Rear Trunk, Rear Carrier, Heated Grips, Wheel Stripes, Carbon Fiber Tank Pad, Cycle Cover
† WARRANTY: Because we're so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Genuine Accessories, we're pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. Three-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.
Accessories subject to change.