Powersports / ATV / Sport
2006 Honda TRX250EX- Features
Honda's sporty, fun-to-ride TRX250EX just got even more sporty and fun; check out the TRX450R race-inspired styling, new front and rear suspension and a revolutionary innovation called Honda SportClutch.
Features & Benefits
New for 2006
- New TRX450R-inspired bodywork.
- New hand-operated Honda SportClutch™. The new Honda SportClutch enables the rider to experience manual clutch actuation with the advantage of no stalling.
- New front and rear suspension for improved ride and handling.
- New brighter headlight.
- New brake light as standard equipment.
- New Black color.
- Lightweight OHV air-cooled 229cc engine is longitudinally mounted to allow direct drive-shaft alignment to rear wheels for more efficient power transfer.
- Two-valve cylinder head design features performance-optimized valve timing, a 31.5mm diameter intake valve and a 27mm diameter exhaust valve to produce a broad, usable powerband.
- 22mm carburetor with light throttle effort offers immediate engine response.
- A unique buffer plate in the carburetor float chamber helps maintain consistent fuel flow when riding across varied terrain.
- Solid-state CD ignition with electronic advance and 8750-rpm engine rev limiter.
- Closed crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
- Rubber-mounted engine reduces vibration.
- Automatic cam-chain tensioner requires no maintenance.
- High-efficiency oil cooler supplements the 2-quart capacity wet sump, providing lower operating temperature over a wide range of riding conditions for maximum performance and increased engine life.
- 123-watt capacity alternator ensures abundant electrical power.
- Convenient electric starter.
- Five-speed transmission features sport riding ratios, reverse and Honda's new no-stall Honda SportClutch.
- The new Honda SportClutch enables the rider to experience manual clutch actuation with the advantage of no stalling when coming to a stop.
- Maintenance-free shaft drive routes power directly from the longitudinally mounted engine without inefficient directional changes.
- New front 27mm shocks combined with a new 32mm rear shock improves bump absorption and rider comfort.
- Lightweight double-cradle steel chassis is designed to withstand the demands of recreational riding.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension provides an exceptional 5.9 inches of travel.
- Steel swingarm and single rear shock absorber provide 5.7 inches.
- Dual hydraulic 174mm front disc brakes and fully sealed rear mechanical drum brake provide superb and consistent braking power.
- 22 x 7-10 front and 22 x 10-9 rear tires feature an aggressive, TRX400EX-derived knobby tread pattern for excellent traction.
- Lightweight aluminum wheels reduce unsprung weight for superb handling.
- Engine design produces low emissions and meets California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
- All-new bodywork inspired by Honda's legendary TRX450R.
- Ergonomic seat is designed for recreational riding, providing superb comfort and excellent rider maneuverability.
- Ergonomic layout and rider controls provide a comfortable operating position for a wide range of riding styles and rider sizes.
- Large, lightweight plastic fuel tank with 2.7-gallon capacity.
- Snorkel-type air intake system is specially designed to provide cool, clean air in all riding.
- Single-headlight system features a twin-filament high/low 39W/39W bulb.
- LED taillight and brake light.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Reusable, washable foam air filter.
- Neutral and reverse indicator lights.
- Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use hand and foot controls.
- Keyed ignition switch for added security.
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Standard tool kit includes a tire pressure gauge.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable six-month limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Ownership includes one-year complimentary membership for an individual in the Honda Rider's Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include: discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance for ATV transport vehicle while ATV is being transported, one year of Honda Red Rider ATV™ magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse Web site (www.hrca.honda.com) and access online to Honda Common Service Manual. For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA. For dealers only, please call (310) 783-3958.
- Flag kit.